North West Hospital and Health Service (HHS)
- Unique locations
- Friendly communities
- Regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
About the role
The Mount Isa Hospital's Pharmacy Department provides medicine management services for in-patients, out-patients, and day-admitted-patients within the North West HHS, including off-site facilities.
A core function of the department focuses on promoting the `Quality Use of Medicine' principles and safe medication practices.
This is a talent pool for upcoming permanent and temporary, full-time and part-time vacancies.
Flexible: hours and duration negotiable.
Applicants will be assessed throughout the advertising process and roles filled as FTE becomes available.
- Clinical Pharmacist (permanent or temporary full-time or part-time or casual)
- SHPA Foundation Residency Pharmacist – full-time structured, formalised, supported and accredited 2-year training program.
- Rural Generalist Training Program Pharmacist - this full-time role participates in the Allied Health Rural Generalist Pathway including formal and work-based training and assessment up to 2 years.
The lifestyle in Mount Isa is family friendly; it is a vibrant city with an outback community feel.
You will fall in love with the natural splendour of the North West Queensland region, the experience of a rural/urban community and the opportunity to make a real and positive difference... and want to stay.
Mount Isa is a great place to live and work!
Have you considered the diverse career experience, financial benefits and lifestyle options on offer by taking on a role with the North West HHS?
Working with us
- Base salary ranges between $70,958 and $104,295 p.a. (full-time), $35.78 and $52.60 p.h. (part-time) or $44.01 and $64.69 p.h. (casual) (HP3)
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Rural and Remote incentive: Category B allowance of $231.94 p.f.
- Tax savings through salary sacrificing options may also available.
In your downtime, we offer 4 weeks p.a. recreational leave with a 17.5% loading/bonus.
Professionally, our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff. We are committed to providing extraordinary opportunities for career development including in-house training, development and mentoring programs, a $3,047 p.a. allowance to assist with external development, and 3 days p.a. leave for attending training or conferences.
- Mandatory requirements are a tertiary degree qualification in Pharmacy and AHPRA registration.
- VPD risk role. Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis and COVID-19.
- A 6-month period of probation may apply.
Contact: Jorgia Martin or Louise Brennan on 07 4744 4806.
Apply ONLINE (https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-MI467734) at any time: applications will be reviewed throughout the advertising period.