Job Code: Multiple
Employer: North West Regional Hospital
Salary: $ 55,144 - $ 89,412 p.a
Closing application date: 01/03/2018
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Pharmacy Department and hospital team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
Duties will include:
- Dispensing medications for inpatient, outpatient and discharge supply in accordance with all legal requirements, working within the parameters of the various medication access schemes available in public hospitals including the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, Section 100, Special Access Scheme, Clinical Trials, and Early Access Schemes.
- Routinely offering verbal and written medicines information and other supporting health advice to patients.
- Providing information on medications to hospital staff and contributing to the development of their knowledge of medication related issues.
- Providing an integrated and documented medication management service that meets the requirements of the APAC guidelines to allocated patients throughout an episode of care.
Enthusiastic Pharmacists looking to actively participate to the contribution of the state-wide service delivery functions of the Hospital Pharmacy Operations Unit should apply.
- Salary packaging is available
- Flexible work/life balance
- RDO roster in place
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Temporary accommodation may be provided to the successful applicant
Entitled to be granted registration by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
Only applications containing claims against the selection criteria will be considered:-
- Pharmacy experience in a range of activities such as dispensing or clinical pharmacy, preferably in a hospital setting, together with experience in the application of relevant legislation, codes of practice and workplace guidelines in the practice of pharmacy
- An understanding of (and preferably experience with) the frameworks used to guide and develop clinical pharmacy services, such as the APAC Guidelines, Pharmaceutical Review, and Medication Management Review programs (e.g. HMR and DMMR)
- A working knowledge of the application of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing techniques
- Ability to assess and evaluate drug regimens and medicines information, and provide tailored advice to other healthcare professionals and the patient
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to contribute effectively as an active member of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- A history of contributing positively to the workplace and delivering workplace improvements within a continuous quality improvement framework
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills applied to resolve practice based issues
Hospital Information Tasmania has four major public hospitals – Royal Hobart Hospital, Launceston General Hospital, North West Regional Hospital and Mersey Community Hospital – with a supporting network of rural hospitals and multipurpose services.
The Pharmacy departments at each of the major hospitals form part of the Statewide Hospital Pharmacy Operations Unit and employs around 170 pharmacists and support staff across the state.
The Statewide Hospital Pharmacy Operations Unit is excited to be entering into a stage of significant expansion over the next four years including increased clinical pharmacy staffing, 7 day a week clinical pharmacy services and extended dispensary hours.
The Department has strong links with the Pharmacy School at the University of Tasmania, with regular student rotations. The Department also prides itself on providing an excellent intern training program.
Location Information For information about working for the Department of Health and Human Services and living in the northern region of Tasmania, including local attractions and lifestyle.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Paula Cooper, Pharmacy Support Officer, email@example.com (03) 6777 6733