Working in Healthcare has never been more important or meaningful
The Pharmacy service to the Dandenong Emergency Department is currently undergoing a large expansion, allowing us to increase the range of services delivered to patients at Dandenong Hospital’s Emergency Department.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and experienced hospital pharmacist to lead the service provision and support the growing team of pharmacists working in the Dandenong Emergency Department.
Day in the Life
Working with other Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Team Leaders you will develop the clinical pharmacy services to all Monash Health Emergency Departments and provide expertise in medication management within a multidisciplinary team.
In this important role you will:
- Support, guide and work alongside your team members to provide a consistently safe, high quality, efficient and effective service
- Coordinate daily workflow, staffing and priorities for your team
- Support the training of pharmacy staff and students within your team, with assistance from our team of Clinical Educators
- Ensure that your team meets or exceeds relevant key performance targets
- Participate in research and quality improvement activities
Each week you will have a day when you don’t have any patient-facing responsibilities to allow you time to focus on some team management tasks, developing your team members and honing your own leadership and management skills.
To enable us to provide our Pharmacy services to the Emergency Department at Dandenong Hospital we offer extended hours of service on weekdays between 7am and 9pm and usual business hours on weekends.
You already have significant hospital pharmacy, including clinical and leadership experience with proven abilities in developing and implementing new services and in assessing quality improvements. With a willingness to lead by example and to role-model expectations to others, you are also highly professional. Your positive approach is infectious and people enjoy working with you.
Relevant postgraduate qualifications, such as Master of Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent, or Advanced Pharmacy Practice Stage 2 or Stage 3 will be highly regarded.
You can also demonstrate:
- A proactive, organised and energetic approach to your work
- Adaptability and ability to drive innovation and influence others
- Commitment to research, education and professional contribution in Surgery
- Current AHPRA registration as a Pharmacist
You’ll be joining a pharmacy department that supports your development, including through in-house learning programs and attendance at relevant forums and conferences. Our Team Leaders also have opportunities to act up as Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy to provide leave coverage and enable professional development of our Team Leaders. Our Pharmacy leadership team is highly regarded and will work with you to further develop your skills and expertise, positioning you for potential advancement down the track.
In 2022 Monash Health was nominated by LinkedIn as one of the top 25 organisations in Australia to grow your career. Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria. More than 400 of us work in our Pharmacy Team, providing clinical, operational and quality Pharmacy services to patients in our hospitals and community settings. We are a diverse group of professionals, focused on achieving the best outcomes and experiences for our community.
What we offer
All our full-time employees can elect to accrue a day off every four weeks. In addition, you’ll have access to benefits including salary packaging options, a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Program, private health insurance benefits, health imaging services, travel clinic and a reward and recognition program, + more
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and are committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and our five iCare values.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted if they are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be screened upon receipt and selection activity may commence prior to the closing date.
For a confidential discussion about your suitability for this role please contact either:
- Bronwyn Allan or Jacqui Parkinson, Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Dandenong Hospital, Ph: 03 9554 8191.or
- Graham Rivers , Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Clinical Services Ph: 0439 256 356 or
- Contact Monash Health Pharmacy department and ask to speak with a Deputy Director of Pharmacy - 03 95942360
We look forward to hearing from you.