To establish and deliver a high-level clinical pharmacy service to Hospital in the Home within the Mackay
Base Hospital, facilitating links between the health care team and the patient, aimed at promoting quality
About the Department:
Our Pharmacy Service is based at the Mackay Base Hospital and provides patient centred pharmacy
services, seven days a week.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Establish and deliver a high-level clinical pharmacy service within a variety of complex caseloads in
accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards, with minimal direct clinical supervision.
Services will be predominantly provided to patients transitioning from the ward to HITH, review of patients
on HITH and may include provision of services to patients admitted to hospital.
• Oversee and manage the continuum of care of HITH patients and participate in discharge planning,
medication counselling and continuity of care liaison with community health providers.
• Exercise independent clinical judgement and problem-solving skills in matters beyond routine practice,
using valid and reliable evidence.
• Provide high level advice and support to the multidisciplinary team to support a patient centred, team based approach to service delivery.
• Actively participate in initiating, developing and implementing service improvement activities to enhance
the delivery of clinical pharmacy services and multidisciplinary care. This may include initiation of quality
improvement activities and contribution to development of guidelines, procedures and protocols to support
the continuum of care.
• Guide, mentor and supervise less experienced pharmacy practitioners, support staff and provide
education and supervision to pharmacy students.
• Actively maintain and continue to develop personal professional development and contribute to the
professional development of others.
• This position also involves a clinical workload on the normal clinical ward roster.
• Participate in pharmacy department on-call and weekend roster.
• Other duties as designated by the Director and Deputy director of Pharmacy.
Applications close 27/10/21.