Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
Position Title: Pharmacist – Senior
Remuneration: $58.02 - $62.43 per hour
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with CHHHS values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and work policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Implement and monitor the organisation’s quality standards, work health and safety policies, procedures and programs and provide clinical governance in the relevant work area.
- Delivers high level clinical pharmacy services to the Innisfail Cancer Care Day Unit and Innisfail, Tully and Babinda Hospitals including the provision of clinical pharmacy review, patient counselling, advice and consultancy services based on advanced knowledge with infrequent need for direct clinical practice supervision.
- Applies evidence-based practice including in depth checking of all chemotherapy protocols, ensuring that treatment is appropriate and correctly funded, monitoring of biochemical parameters of patients and advice to healthcare staff on the management of adverse effects to ensure safe and effective treatment.
- Coordinates and responsible for the procurement and dispensing of specialised compounded cytotoxic and aseptic additives for patients of Innisfail and affiliated Tele-Health sites.
- Contributes to the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols that support the continuum of care and assists in developing standards of professional practice relevant to cancer care and rural clinical practice in the pharmacy department and within the service.
- Participate in quality and service improvement activities to continually improve patient / client care.
- Involvement in service provision to patients as part of the pharmacy department including after hours and weekend services as operationally required.
Communication / Team Participation
- Actively participate in the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide cancer specific and general clinical advice to professional and operational supervisors, relevant service managers and other stakeholders regarding clinical pharmacy services delivery.
- Work cooperatively and effectively within a team and with patients/clients.
- Liaise with patients and their families, other health professionals, supervisors, students and researchers, as required to ensure continuum of care.
Leadership / Work Unit Management
- Monitor and report on clinical practices and outcomes within clinical service areas and actively participate in initiating, developing and implementing quality and service improvement activities that enhance the delivery of clinical pharmacy services.
- Provide clinical practice supervision to less experienced pharmacists and students as required.
- Provide direction to assistant and support staff.
Enquiries: Barbara Bortolanza 07 4016 1508
Job Ad Reference: CAH473383
Closing Date: Monday, 13 March 2023