Do you enjoy having variety at work? Are you resourceful and can think outside of the box? Do you want the ability to jump ahead of your peers? This is the training opportunity for you.
- Work as part of the Hospital Pharmacy Department and Hospital team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
- Undertake a structured residency training program provided by the Launceston General Hospital (LGH) Pharmacy Department and accredited through the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA).
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Multiple vacancies, full time, fixed term, day work, working 76 hours per fortnight for a 2-year program:
- 1 position commencing as soon as possible
- 1 position commencing 06 March 2023
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $64,702- $98,027 per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- 525331 Pharmacist - Resident HP1-2 (August 2022) HR22.pdf
- 525331 Pharmacist - Resident HP1-2 (August 2022) HR22.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button in the link below. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Pharmacy Support Officer
Phone: 0476 554 505
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.