Reference Number: 27040: Pharmacist Manager - Dispensary - Grade 3
Employment Type: On Going Full Time (FT)
Location: Northern Health (All Campuses)
About Northern Health:
As an organisation we have a clear focus on how we service and partner with our community, including our strategy of helping the community stay well when at home. Our reputation of community minded, inclusive and progressive is matched to none.
Northern Health is located in the rapidly growing northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD, Melbourne’s North is fast becoming the place to be!
The Pharmacy service operates over four sites within Northern Health and has a strong vision to deliver exceptional, evidenced-based care to our patients – with a clear focus on research, medication safety and clinical excellence. We are currently undergoing a large period of expansion and specialisation, creating exciting opportunities for individuals keen to challenge themselves and progress their professional knowledge and skills. As a result, an exciting opportunity exists for a Pharmacist Manager - Dispensary - Grade 3 to join the team at Northern Health.
As the Pharmacist Manager, you will oversee a team of around 20 staff and will be responsible for the efficient and effective co-ordination, supervision and training of staff. You will ensure safe, accurate and timely provision of medicine and medicine information to hospital staff and patients. The Pharmacist Manager will be part of the Pharmacy Senior Leadership Team, providing expert advice pertaining to the pharmaceutical dispensing services of Northern Health to constantly pursue improvements that are cost-effective and sustainable. In addition, you will ensure the department is meeting the medication management requirements of Northern Health, while meeting key performance indicators pertaining to the functions of the dispensary and aseptic manufacturing areas.
Benefits of the role:
- Full Time Permanent position + Monthly ADO + Accrual of 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- Weekend work available on a rostered basis with penalty rates
- Attractive Salary + Salary Packaging + other benefits!
- Working as part of the pharmacy senior leadership team to deliver outstanding patient care and medicine management
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals
- Support with job relevant studies to expand skills
- Facilitate innovative leadership and development programs
- Support with research and focus on presenting research at relevant conferences
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registered as a pharmacist with AHPRA and with no restrictions
- Preferably 5 years or more experience working in a Hospital Pharmacy
- Good working knowledge of the Public Hospital Healthcare system
- Proven ability in managing and supporting a team of pharmacists and techinicians
- A strong drive to deliver outstanding patient care
- Experience and/or exposure with aseptic manufacturing procedures
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
For further details, please refer to the Position Description or alternatively contact: Jier Nguyen Deputy Director (Pharmacy Operations) via firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 8405 2663
Application close 17 August 2022.
Why work at the Northern Health?
We offer a range of benefits to support and reward staff both personally and professionally, which includes:
- Health and Wellbeing programs, including our ‘Thrive’ program
- Flexibility in the workplace and extra leave options and support
- An inclusive and culturally safe space
- State of the art facilities and campus partnerships
- A commitment to ongoing professional development through our ‘Learning Labs’
- Access to salary packaging, EAP and our online library
For a glimpse of life at NH, click here.
Work with us! Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.
All employees of Northern Health must comply with the health service’s Staff Health / Workforce Immunisation procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Departmental directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated for various diseases such as, but not limited to influenza and Covid-19.