Job Code: 01LMR
Employer: Canberra Health Services
Salary: $100,755 - $106,178 (up to $108,952 on achieving personal upgrade)
Closing application date: 25/09/2019
Pharmacist Level 3 – Specialist Pharmacist – Intensive Care (Job Number: 01LMR)
Job Title: Specialist Pharmacist – Intensive Care
Classification: Pharmacist Level 3
Position Number: 26235, several
Annual Salary: $100,755 – $106,178 (up to $108,952 on achieving personal upgrade)
Branch: Medical Services
Section: Pharmacy Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: 25 September 2019
Contact Officer: Hameda Lane (02) 5124 2121 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Office of the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
The Canberra Health Services (CHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff. The department supports flexible working arrangements in accordance with the ACT Public Sector Health Professional Enterprise Agreement, supporting both full time and part time work to promote a positive work-life balance. Funding opportunities are accessible, through application, to support learning, development and the advancement of knowledge and skills to support practice and career progression.
The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services. Work is underway to plan a new Surgical Procedures, Interventional Radiology and Emergency Centre which will transform the acute services delivered at the Canberra Hospital in the near future. This new centre will deliver additional Emergency Department treatment spaces, additional intensive care unit (ICU) beds, as well as including new paediatric ICU beds.
As a highly skilled and experienced clinical pharmacist in the intensive care field the pharmacist will work within a highly engaged multidisciplinary team to deliver a safe, efficacious and patient centred service to patients. This will include working under the broad direction of the Lead Pharmacists and Deputy Directors of Pharmacy and closely with a team of dedicated and skilled technicians and pharmacists to deliver the service.
- Be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Competency standards at the Consolidation Level for Advanced Pharmacy Practice.
- The Society of Hospital Pharmacist of Australia (SHPA) membership.
- Membership linked to this area of specialty
- Publication in peer reviewed journals
Prior to commencement successful candidates may be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing and scope of clinical practice requirements for allied health professionals.
- Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
- Under broad direction, and in conjunction with the Lead Pharmacist and Deputy Director of Pharmacy (Clinical), provide a highly specialised level of clinical pharmacy service for ICU, and assume a clinical supervisory and training role for technicians and early career pharmacists (including interns and pharmacy students).
- Proactively develop own knowledge and expertise to serve the functions of the role and the environment keeping abreast of emerging trends in pharmacy services.
- Represent the pharmacy department through professional leadership to facilitate effective service provision and ensure safe and effective use of medicines.
- Develop and contribute to practice based research, medication safety initiatives, accreditation activities, publications, policy and procedure review, strategic planning and service review, and quality improvement projects relevant to the specialty area.
- Provide a range of pharmacy services on weekends, public holidays and after hours (on-call) as rostered.
- Undertake other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high-quality person and family-centred, safe and high-quality patient care.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience. Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them. (Please note that it is not necessary to address the capabilities and behaviours individually).
- Proven experience practicing at a specialist level in an intensive care environment.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with patients and with colleagues in the multidisciplinary setting. This includes building and maintaining effective working relationships, and the maintenance of a supportive work environment.
- Proven experience in education, mentoring and training, clinical supervision and the ability to impart knowledge and skills to pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals in this area of specialty.
- Proven record of significant contribution to the development, evaluation and maintenance of improvement programs, policy and procedures, medication safety initiatives, research initiatives and accreditation activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Service’s values of Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply. For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist please contact the Contact Officer above.
Job: Allied Health
Salary Range: $100,755 – $106,178 (up to $108,952 on achieving personal upgrade)
Contact Name: Hameda Lane
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 25/Sep/2019, 11:59:00 PM
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Hameda Lane 02 5124 2121