Job Code: 1440980
Employer: Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
Salary: As per award
Closing application date: 19/01/2020
A Grade One Pharmacist is sought for a part time parental leave position within our dedicated and supportive Pharmacy team. This role presents a great opportunity to expand your professional skills and knowledge in a hospital pharmacy environment. This vacancy is for 64.0 hours per fortnight and applications will also be considered for a Grade 2 role.
The Pharmacy Department at BRHS offers comprehensive pharmacy services to all areas of the health service and also supplies medication, drug information and support to external clients, other smaller hospitals, bush nursing centres and community health centres in East Gippsland.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform comprehensive computerised dispensing duties for in-patient and outpatient prescriptions; ensure PBS scheme is applied as required.
- Participate in the manufacture of sterile and non-sterile therapeutic products as required.
- Assist with imprest distribution management and orders for regional centres.
- Clinical duties: review in-patient drug charts as part of the Medication Reconciliation Care Plan.
- Work closely with medical staff to support quality use of medicines.
- Provide advice on drugs, drug therapy, pharmacology, or forensic matters to health professionals and consumers.
- Participate in stock management as required.
- Supervise work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students.
We are seeking a professional who is customer focussed and has a flexible and collaborative approach to their work. The incumbent will receive strong professional development support and being a generalist hospital role will have the opportunity to broaden their skills across the health service and develop knowledge in areas such as cytotoxic pharmacy if this is an area of interest.
Based in a beautiful part of Victoria, working for BRHS will enable you to have a fantastic work/life balance and pursue your career goals.
The successful applicants will benefit from:
- An attractive remuneration package
- A range of salary packaging options enabling you to increase your total remuneration
- Professional development leave and support
- Scholarship program
- Employee assistance program
- Health and Wellbeing program including gym membership at corporate rates
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Current registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Proven record of achievement in a pharmacy service environment with the ability to manage medications in line with legal and professional requirements
- A good working knowledge of the PBS system
- Compliance with the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia Code of Ethics and Standards.
- Patient focussed with an understanding of the importance of accurate and responsive communication.
- Previous experience with stock management.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Margie Griffiths, Chief Pharmacist 03 5150 3485