Job Code: 424063
Employer: Deniliquin Hospital and outreach
Salary: $112,356.00 to $115,482.00
Closing application date: 21/11/2017
About the role:
This full time position provides clinical pharmacy services to both Deniliquin Health Service as well as outreach clinical pharmacy services to Barham, Berrigan, Finley, Hay, Jerilderie and Tocumwal Health Services.
This interesting and varied role requires the Pharmacist to manage medication reconciliation, pharmaceutical reviews, antimicrobial stewardship and education to nursing staff and patients within the relevant hospitals.
This opportunity provides exposure to a range of our MLHD facilities including a District Hospital through to smaller Health Services and MPS facilities.
For a comprehensive overview of the role please visit https://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/Default.aspx and enter position number 424063
What can you expect?
- Variety a plenty – no two days are the same
- Become part of a supportive and cohesive team – both within Pharmacy and within our varies Health Services
- Access to a fitness passport – subsidised gym and pool memberships
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Potential relocation assistance
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Registration as a Pharmacist with authorisation to practise by AHPRA and the ability to work unsupervised
- An unrestricted Australian class C drivers licence and a willingness to travel around our local health district
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical ward pharmacy services in a hospital setting; including aseptic manufacture
- Knowledge of sterile manufacture, stability of antibiotics and other extemporaneously prepared products, or a willingness and capability to develop that knowledge base
- Knowledge of legislation governing drug use, in both hospital and community settings; understanding of medication safety, quality assurance, PBS and best practise
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills and proven capacity to work as a part of a team
- Proven organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise according to organisational needs
At Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) we provide a range of public health services to the Riverina and Murray regions of New South Wales. We employ around 4,500 staff who work in our 31 facilities. Within our local health district we have a Rural Referral Hospital, Base and District Hospitals, Multi-Purpose Services and Community Health Facilities.
This Pharmacist role is based at Deniliquin which is a 41 bed C2 peer grouped District Hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, and obstetric services.
Deniliquin is the hub site for surrounding smaller communities and also provides community, allied health and mental health/ drug and alcohol outreach services to the community and surrounds.
To learn more about living, working and playing in Deniliquin please visit https://www.visitdeni.com.au/
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook – search Murrumbidgee Local Health District
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: John Carroll, John.Carroll@health.nsw.gov.au 0475 839 807