This is a full-eime, fixed contract position.
As the successful applicant you will provide pharmacy services to ensure safe, appropriate and efficient medicine use within Barwon Health and on transition to the community setting.
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service including resolving medication related issues, completing the Medication Reconciliation Process, providing medicines information, counselling patients and assisting the discharge process.
- Ensure appropriate drug utilization through implementation of hospital policy and formulary guidelines/restrictions, and through liaison with medical and nursing staff.
- Support the oncology pharmacy service as directed
- Participate in appropriate ward rounds and planning meetings.
- Participate in the intern and student programs.
- Initiate and participate in clinical pharmacy research projects and present at professional conferences, where appropriate.
- Assist team members in delivering a clinical pharmacy service