ABOUT THE ROLE: This is an exciting opportunity to join the Pharmacy Department at Werribee Mercy Hospital, an expanding public health service that is committed to ensuring high quality, evidence-based, person-centred, safe and effective patient care. This position will be integral in delivering clinical pharmacy services to our patients and working as part of a multidisciplinary member of the health care team.
- Full Time (12 months, Fixed Term)
- We are looking for a pharmacist with a sound clinical background to deliver services to our patients at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Clinical pharmacy services: medication reconciliation, dispensing, patient counselling, participation in multidisciplinary meetings & ward rounds.
- This position offers applicants the challenges and rewards of working in a small but dedicated team
- Participate in audit, quality projects, guideline review and practice-based research, SHPA ClinCAT review, supervise interns & students.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree, with current AHPRA registration (including evidence of last 12 months CPD)
- Prior hospital experience is desirable. Pharmacy internship in hospital setting is encouraged
- Patient focused approach to clinical pharmacy
- An interest in contributing to audit, research, education and teaching
Werribee Mercy Hospital, a general hospital providing comprehensive care to the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. This hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects already underway and in planning.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
- James Anthony Dwyer, Director of Pharmacy
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.