Outstanding candidates are encouraged to apply for a position now open at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre – a place where our normal days are extraordinary; as are the people we care for.
Peter Mac is one of a handful of integrated cancer research, education and treatment centres in the world. Each day our team strives to provide the very best in cancer care, even better treatments and potential cancer cures for all people affected by cancer.
Globally, we are facing one of the most pivotal times in the pursuit of cancer cures, and Peter Mac stands at its forefront. Together, we aim to lead a new era of cancer prevention, care and discovery, supported by state-of-the-art facilities at our new home within the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre building.
Your role in our future.
The Pharmacy department at Peter Mac provides a comprehensive patient-focused service, incorporating all facets of innovative clinical pharmacy practice. Specialised areas include drug information, clinical trials, palliative care, quality use of medicines and clinical education. The department has an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offers opportunities for involvement to all staff.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated pharmacist to join our expanding team.
In this rotational clinical position, you will have the opportunity to develop specialty practice in ambulatory and ward-based cancer pharmacy services. Rotational pharmacists have the opportunity to contribute to excellence in medicines management across all of the cancer specialties encompassing haematology, medical oncology, radiation oncology and surgical oncology. Other opportunities may include the development of directed projects and involvement in ongoing educational programs.
You should have a broad background in hospital or clinical pharmacy. Pharmacists with experience in providing services to patients with cancer are preferred. You must be registered, or be eligible for registration, with AHPRA, and post graduate qualifications and experience in pharmacy practice research are highly desirable.
For further information about this opportunity, please review the position description or contact us.
Applications must address the following:
- Give an outline of your previous experience in providing services to patients with cancer
- Summarise your post-graduate qualifications
- Provide an outline of your involvement with educational activities to students, interns, pharmacy colleagues or medical and nursing groups
- Provide an outline of your research or project experience
- Provide any involvement you have had with professional organisations, conference committees or other relevant professional activities
- Provide any involvement you have or have had in health service or pharmacy quality committees or projects.