Grade 1 (Year 1-6), Grade 2 (Year 1-4)
Full time, fixed-term (6 months)
(80 hours per fortnight with monthly ADO)
- An exciting opportunity to join our dedicated Pharmacy team on a full-time, fixed-term basis.
- Diverse position including provision of clinical, operational services & dispensing to Wards
- Provide safe and efficient pharmacy service to our Hospital
- Full time, fixed-term position that would suit a Pharmacist with Hospital experience
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a pharmacist to join our pharmacy team on a full-time, fixed-term basis. This role involves the provision of pharmacy services including clinical services, operational services and dispensing to wards and units. Other duties include participation in the pharmacy department's quality improvement and medication safety program, and participation in the education and training of students and pre-registrants. You will provide a safe and efficient pharmacy service to the hospital and contribute to the development of our pharmacy services.
This position will suit either pharmacists with recent experience in hospital pharmacy or newly registered pharmacists who have completed their intern year in a hospital pharmacy. For further information on the role please refer to the position description.
The Pharmacy Team
The Pharmacy Department’s core activities are central to medication supply, medication information and medication safety at Bendigo Health. The Pharmacy service supports effective medication management by both hospital staff (doctors, nurses, allied health) and hospital inpatients, outpatients as well as to specific groups of community patients.
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency).
- Experience in hospital pharmacy
- A sound knowledge of pharmacotherapeutics.
- Demonstrated capacity to assign priority to responsibilities and to meet time constraints.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and provide a timely and efficient service.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate accurate verbal and written information to a range of people at all levels.
- Ability to give excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Bendigo Health is a leader in regional health care, combining outstanding services with a strong education, training and personal development culture. Our organisation vision is "Excellent Care. Every Person. Every Time".
Benefits at Bendigo Health
- Salary Packaging (meals and entertainment and accommodation)
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Employee assistance program
- Free immunisations
- Social club
- Smoke free environment