- Grade 1/2 Pharmacist – Pharmacist Award Classification SW10-SX5
- Monash Medical Centre location initially with opportunity to work across all Monash Health sites
- Full Time, Part time
About the role
- The Monash Medical Centre Pharmacy Department provides clinical services to patients in outpatient clinics and wards across the entire lifespan – from pre-birth, newborn babies and children, to adults and aged-care. This will allow you to gain experience in specialist areas. The clinical pharmacy service at Monash Health provides a unit based clinical pharmacy service which collaborates with medical, nursing and allied health clinicians to achieve the best outcomes for patients.
- The key purpose of this role is to:
- Work collaboratively in pharmacy teams, both departmental and unit-based
- Provide exceptional patient-centred care by ensuring medication safety and optimising medication management outcomes both in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Provide pharmacy services within the department, and as part of unit-based clinical teams,
- Provide supervision of pre-registration pharmacists and students during their clinical placement,
- Provide pharmacy services in a safe and professional manner to all Monash Health patients, clients and carers,
- Participate in quality improvement and research activities.
- Current registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA
- Previous experience in a hospital environment
- Established and current clinical pharmacy practice skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in interprofessional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continued professional development and education
- Author of accepted presentation poster or paper
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (completed or in progress)
- At least 2 years of pharmacy practice experience
- Undertaken undergraduate pharmacy student supervision
What’s on offer at Monash Health?
- Salary packaging
- Health and wellbeing programs: on-site fitness centres, smoke free workplace, general practitioner services
- Employee support: confidential coaching and support service
- Recognition and reward program
- Pharmacist professional development and opportunities for career progression
How to apply
Click Apply Now or contact Obaid Fazli, Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy on 9928 8727 for a confidential discussion.
In accordance with recent Victorian Public Health directions all employees working in the Public Health system need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status. All candidates that are recommended for appointment will be required to provide evidence they meet the vaccination criteria.
This will be by providing a copy of your immunisation history statement, which can be accessed via My Gov, or evidence that you have a vaccination appointment before 1 November 2021. This evidence will need to be uploaded to the E Recruit system.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates that can provide evidence that they meet the above requirements. If you are unsure of these requirements please contact the Recruitment Manager for this vacancy .