Pharmacist – Grade 1, Full time, Permanent
Pharmacist – Grade 2, Full time, Permanent
The CGH Pharmacy Team are looking for two energetic and motivated pharmacists to join our team of clinical pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and a pharmacy intern.
The successful applicants will work in a clinical capacity, rotating through acute wards and in the dispensary. We aim to be flexible within an ever changing and ever expanding health service and a commitment to the other members of the pharmacy team is essential for us to achieve this goal.
Our pharmacists are currently involved in a diverse range of functions including Oncology, Haematology, rural outreach services, acute Medical, Surgical, Critical Care, Paediatric, Obstetrics and Gynaecology as well as taking an active role in education and quality improvement projects across the health service.
Opportunity exists to expand your scope of practice in Oncology and Haematology, quality use of medicines, stock management, clinical informatics, intensive care and much more!
Interested? The pharmacist will work 8:30-17:00 Monday – Friday. Applicants with appropriate level of experience will participate in on call and weekend work on a rotational basis
We are looking for pharmacists who possesses the following:
- Passion for delivering exemplary patient care and professional health services
- Deliver an outstanding patient experience
- Can provide comprehensive health care solutions
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Develop relationships with local allied health care professionals and other CGH staff
- Enjoys working flexibly with the team to meet needs of our health service
Key Selection Criteria
1. Current Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority (AHPRA) registration as a general pharmacist
2. Written response outlining capabilities against each CGH Leadership and Management Capability Heading (as identified in the Position Description at E and F).
3. Excellent clinical skills, pharmaceutical knowledge and attention to detail
4. Excellent computer skills
1. Experience with iPharmacy
2. Experience in hospital patient management and working in multidisciplinary teams
3. A portfolio demonstrating progression towards credentialing as Advanced under the Australian Advanced Practice Framework
4. Undertaking relevant post-graduate studies
A Police Record Check regarding any criminal record will be required prior to finalisation of the appointment and updated every three (3) years.
A Mandatory Working With Children check may be required for this role.
This Position Description will be reviewed on an annual basis in keeping with changing requirements.
For further information contact Michelle Garner, Director of Pharmacy, by phone 03 5143 8611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Statement addressing all Selection Criteria including qualifications, experience and leadership and technical capability requirements as outlined in the position description
- Current resume detailing previous experience and the names and telephone numbers of two (2) relevant referees
About Central Gippsland Health
Central Gippsland Health (CGH) is a sub-regional health service and the major provider of health and aged care services in the Wellington Shire.
CGH is located in the City of Sale which is 215 km east of Melbourne. The City of Sale is an ideal access point for the magnificent Gippsland Lakes, 90 Mile Beach and the Victorian Alps.
CGH provides acute care as part of an integrated service delivery model across Wellington Shire and beyond. The service provides beds across three campuses (Sale, Maffra and Heyfield).
Acute services include a full time emergency department, critical care unit, neonatal critical care unit, four operating theatres, day procedure unit and oncology and dialysis services in addition to general medical and services and sub-acute services including rehabilitation. We offer a range of clinical and non-clinical roles in nursing, medical, allied health, community care, administration and pharmacy just to name a few.
CGH is also a teaching hospital, affiliated with Monash University's School of Rural Health and provides placements and clinical experience for students.
CGH is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.