About the Role
Seeking a motivated Pharmacist with excellent clinical, dispensary and interpersonal skills that demonstrates a willingness to develop and maintain their knowledge. This is a permanent full time dispensary position with the Sunshine Hospital Pharmacy Service. This role is available for an immediate commencement.
To be Successful in this Role you will
- Have well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to co-operate with all hospital staff and patients
- Provide clinical and dispensing services in accordance to SHPA standards of practice and legislative requirements
- Ensure patient outcomes are optimized by working to achieve the best Quality Use of Medicines
- Support prescribers and patients to maximize clinical benefits of drugs and minimize unwanted reactions
- Actively participate and support educational and operational activities of the department
- Minimise treatment costs by optimizing drug prescribing and supply
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.