Job Code: REQ100325
Employer: Wagga Wagga Base Hospital
Salary: $69,068.00 - $103,795.00
Closing application date: 20/06/2019
This interesting and varied role is based at Wagga Wagga Base Hospital and provides clinical pharmacy services to a range of District Hospitals and Multi-Purpose facilities throughout MLHD. The clinical pharmacy service is delivered through a mix of onsite visits and remote support using a range of eHealth technologies from a dedicated clinical space in the pharmacy department.
The key focus for this role is to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to MLHD facilities and support medication safety practices and quality improvement initiatives.
- Variety a plenty with opportunities to work across a diverse range of facilities, Base and District Hospitals as well as Multipurpose services.
- An autonomous, yet supported role as part of a great district Pharmacy team.
- Challenging and interesting work across multiple locations.
- Access to a fitness passport – subsidised pool and gym memberships.
- Competitive salary and monthly ADO.
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy (Aust. Recognised) with current and unrestricted AHPRA Pharmacy Board registration
- Post registration hospital pharmacy experience
- An ability to display judgement and demonstrate initiative and independence in problem solving
- Experience delivering education to nursing and/or medical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to quality assurance activities
- To meet Grade 2 criteria; candidate must have a postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy, hospital pharmacy or other relevant postgraduate qualification OR has 12 months experience in a speciality practice area OR able to demonstrate a higher level of clinical pharmacy practices as defined by SHP Clinical Pharmacy Standards to the satisfaction of the Chief Pharmacist.
Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) spans 125,243 square kilometres across southern New South Wales, stretching from the Snowy Mountains in the east, to the plains of Hillston in the northwest and all the way along the Victorian border.
As the largest employer in the region, with over 5,000 healthcare staff working across 33 hospitals and 12 primary health care centres, we are also supported by hundreds of volunteers who together with our staff make an invaluable contribution to enriching the lives of people in our care.
Wellness is our goal. Excellence is our passion. Our people are our future.
How to ApplyDownload this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: John Carroll 0450783106