Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About the role:
- The Pharmacist will work as a member of the Pharmacy team and may be required to work at one or more Monash Health sites, according to specific role requirements
- Support the activities of the Monash Health Medication Safety & Therapeutics Committee including the Single Patient Use Committee
- Assist with the implementation of initiatives that arise as a result of market engagement activities both locally and via HealthShare Victoria (HSV)
- Participate in implementation of the Pharmacy Department Procurement Plan
- Assist in the education and training of pharmacy staff, pharmacy students on placement and intern pharmacists rostered within the operations and clinical pharmacy services rotations
- Support Quality, Operational and Clinical pharmacy services team leaders/members in providing an efficient and effective service that is consistent, high quality, safe and innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Excel at an intermediate-advanced level
- Proactive, constructive and creative approaches to problem solving for individual patients and service development
- Ability to work effectively in interprofessional teams
- Commitment to continued professional development, education, quality improvement and research
- Demonstrated research and quality improvement project output
- Participation and membership of pharmacy or interprofessional committees/working groups within current/previous workplace and external pharmacy/interprofessional organisations
- Previous hospital experience required
What We Offer
You will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
For a confidential discussion about these roles, please contact Jane Booth, Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy on 9594 2360.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries in regards to internal applicants please contact Recruitment Services on 92652776.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.