Pharmacists - Emergency Medicine (multiple positions)
- Multiple temporary full time or part time Grade 1 or 2 positions
- Be a member of a large Eastern Health Emergency Departments pharmacy team
- Multi-site: Box Hill Hospital, Maroondah Hospital, and Angliss Hospital
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for clinical pharmacists to join our dedicated team to work within Eastern Health's Emergency Departments and Short Stay Units. As a member of the Pharmacy Emergency Medicine Team, you will be part of a highly dedicated multi-disciplinary team.
We are looking for passionate clinical pharmacists to join the Eastern Health Pharmacy team. This position will provide clinical pharmacy services as well as supporting the Senior Pharmacist Emergency Medicine in the planning and review of pharmacy services to the Eastern Health emergency departments across Box Hill, Maroondah and Angliss Hospital. In addition to clinical pharmacy services, the position will be involved in supervision and education of pharmacists/undergraduate students/interns/residents. Travel between campus and participation in weekend shifts will be required.
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments (Angliss Hospital, Box Hill Hospital, Maroondah Hospital, Peter James Centre and Wantirna Health). Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following.
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current hospital pharmacy experience in emergency pharmacy service
- Commitment to optimum patient focused care and professional practice
- Staff supervision, interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate open discussion and resolve conflict
- Ability to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities and a high level of organisational skills
- Leadership, negotiation and decision making skills
- Ability to manage change and quality improvement activities
- Ability to work as part of a team to build relationships and work in partnerships
- Commitment to participate in personal and departmental ongoing professional development, continuing education and peer review.
- Excellent communication skills
Please refer to the position description in eMercury for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury (job number: 24804)
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence