- Exciting opportunity to lead a clinical trials pharmacy team
- Located in the state-of-the-art Monash Health Translational Precinct in Clayton
- Full-time ongoing position at Grade 3/4
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
About the Role
The Clinical Trials Pharmacy Team Leader will provide leadership, coordination and development of the Monash Health Clinical Trials Pharmacy service and team. The Team Leader is responsible for the delivery of a safe and high quality pharmacy clinical trial service as well as providing clinical research knowledge and support to the organisation. The service covers over 270 active trials across a wide variety of specialities and ages, including oncology, haematology and paediatrics. The role includes the day-to-day running, staff management, the review and set-up of new trials and the preparation of quotes.
Our Pharmacy team provides a critical service that actively supports our goal of delivering outstanding patient experience in every case.
You are a dynamic clinical trials specialist pharmacist who is passionate about leading and advancing a high quality service. Described as enthusiastic and motivated to perform at your best every day, you demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
You can also demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of pharmacy clinical trials processes, including ethics approval, trial set-up, quotations, monitoring and auditing.
- Experience in leadership and team development
- Financial management literacy, including the understanding of budgets and spreadsheets
- Thorough knowledge and current certification of the ICH Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice
- Relevant post graduate qualifications, such as Master of Clinical research or equivalent, or Advanced Pharmacy Practice Stage 2 or Stage 3 is highly regarded
- Current registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA and Australian working rights
What we offer:
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand clinical skills and knowledge base
- Pharmacy professional development and leadership training opportunities
- A supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and a generous Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Should your application be successful to the next stage of our selection, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera interview to tell us more about yourself and your experience.
For a confidential discussion about your suitability for this role, please contact Andrew Chong, Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy on 8572 3201. We look forward to hearing from you.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – email applications will not be considered.