Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About the Roll
The Monash Health Clinical Trials Pharmacy provides pharmacy services to over 300 active trials across a wide variety of specialties and ages including oncology, haematology, and paediatrics. It is located in the Monash Health Translational Precinct, working together with researchers and clinical partners.
The Monash Health Pharmacy Department provides clinical services to patients in outpatient clinics and wards across the entire lifespan – from pre-birth, newborn babies and children to adults and aged-care. This will allow you to gain experience in specialist areas.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Practice in accordance with International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines
- Be involved in profiling, dispensing, and providing clinical trial medications for all clinical trials conducted at Monash Health
- Provide exceptional patient-centred care by ensuring medication safety and optimising medication management outcomes both in the outpatient and inpatient setting
- To consider the safety and welfare of clinical trial participants and the protection of their rights, confidentiality, and privacy
- Liaise and work collaboratively with various stakeholders (study co-ordinators, nurses, doctors, pharmacists, etc) to ensure the best outcome for all clinical trial participants
- To liaise with clinical research assistants during monitoring visits and complete relevant follow-up tasks
- To carry out other tasks in accordance with the designated scope of practice for a registered pharmacist as required
- Rotate through multiple sections of the Pharmacy Department and across multiple Monash Health sites
- Apply the principles of best pharmacy practice to the evaluation of new medications
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in accordance with sponsor/investigator protocol, complying with relevant legislation, guidelines, and standards
- Maintain adaptability to working in a department that encompasses of an outpatient dispensary, an aseptic suite and a chemotherapy day unit which oversees its own stock management
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service to the clinical trials centre ward and patients
- Provide support and education to all staff on relevant clinical trial information as required
- Support and promote clinical and pharmacy research.
- Current registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience with established clinical pharmacy practice skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in interprofessional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills and knowledge of information systems and technology
- Commitment to continued professional development and education
- Demonstrates initiative and reliability
- Works well with peers showing flexibility and adaptability
- Proactive and constructive approaches to problem solving for individual patients and service development
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (completed or in progress)
- Previous experience with clinical trials
- Author of accepted presentation poster or paper
- Undertaken undergraduate pharmacy student supervision
What’s on offer at Monash Health?
- Pharmacist professional development and opportunities for career progression
- Salary packaging
- Recognition and reward program
- Health and wellbeing programs: on-site fitness centres, smoke free workplace, general practitioner services
- Employee support: confidential coaching and support services
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email – email@example.com.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview