The Monash Health Pharmacy Department is seeking an outstanding Education Pharmacist to support the development of the clinical pharmacy workforce across the Monash Health network.
- Lead the development and delivery of Clinical Pharmacy Services education and training across all of Monash Health
- Grade 3 Pharmacist – Pharmacist Award Classification SX6-SX81
- Permanent 0.6EFT
- Work across all Monash Health sites to support clinical pharmacy teams and clinical pharmacy educators
As Victoria’s largest public health service, we provide safe, high-quality care to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan, from pre-birth to end of life. More than 22,000 people work at over 40 care locations across south-east Melbourne, including seven hospitals and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
As an integral part of our health service, our Pharmacy team works collaboratively with other clinical teams to ensure we deliver a consistently high level of patient care. We are now looking to appoint a highly professional, committed individual to the Clinical Pharmacy Educator Team Leader role.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists at Monash Health for an experienced pharmacist to join our team and help lead our clinical pharmacy training program across the network. The Clinical Pharmacy Educator Team Leader will manage the Grade 2 Clinical Pharmacy Educators and be supported by the Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Education, Research and Hospital in the Home.
The Pharmacy Clinical Educator Team Leader will continue to practice as a clinical pharmacy team member to ensure they maintain their clinical knowledge and familiarity with processes and workflows. The role will be split: 40% clinical education, 40% clinical pharmacy service provision and 20% administrative team leader activities.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Review and continuously improve the Clinical Pharmacy Educator Program to support the training of Clinical Educators and clinical pharmacy services employees.
- Provide ‘at the elbow’ educational and training support for all aspects of clinical pharmacy services workflows.
- Coordinate and ensure all clinical pharmacy employees are appropriately trained in their area of practice and provide support to improve efficiency, workflows and clinical pharmacy service provision.
- Support credentialing activities for clinical pharmacy services employees to broaden their scope of practice.
As a member of the Pharmacy Education Services team, you will engage in the training and development of team members in pharmacy. You will also lead quality improvement initiatives and will have the opportunity to engage with Pharmacy professional groups outside Monash Health.
Your performance will be assessed with reference to a number of key result areas, including:
- Providing expertise in clinical education and training
- Developing the clinical pharmacy training program and supporting professional development of individuals within clinical pharmacy teams and the Clinical Pharmacy Educators
- Supporting operations and clinical pharmacy services Team Leaders/members in developing a consistently safe, high quality, efficient and effective service
- Participating in research and quality improvement
- Supporting the Pharmacy Education Services team
You can demonstrate extensive hospital pharmacy, education and leadership experience. You will have experience in developing and implementing new services and in assessing and quality assessment and improvement. With a willingness to lead by example and to role-model expectations to others, you are also highly professional. Your positive approach is infectious and people enjoy working with you.
You can also demonstrate:
- Proven leadership skills
- Commitment to research, education and professional contribution
- Current AHPRA registration as a Pharmacist and have Australian working rights
You will need to be flexible to work across the Monash Health network so a current Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle will be required.
Relevant postgraduate qualifications, such as Master of Clinical Pharmacy, Masters of Education or equivalent, or Advanced Pharmacy Practice Stage 2 or Stage 3 and leadership experience will be highly regarded.
You’ll have the rare opportunity to progress and consolidate your Pharmacy career in education. Our Pharmacy Education Services Team is highly regarded and will work with you to further develop your skills and expertise, positioning you for potential advancement in your education career.
What we offer:
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your clinical skills and knowledge base
- Avenues to further develop your leadership and project management skills
- Mentorship and career guidance
- Support to attend relevant forums and conferences
- A supportive learning environment
Our full-time employees have the opportunity to accrue a day off every four weeks. In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services at email@example.com.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses for COVID-19.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 and Influenza as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement which can be accessed via myGov.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.
Click Apply Now or contact Samanta Wood, Assistant Deputy Director of Pharmacy on (03) 9594 6236 for a confidential discussion.