Job Code: MS02333367
Employer: Metro South Health
Salary: $120 856 - $126 105 per annum
Closing application date: 03/02/2020
About the Role:
Provide advanced level clinical pharmacy expertise and leadership in the speciality of renal medicine including – haemodialysis, home-therapies, chronic kidney disease outpatients and kidney transplant. Additionally, lead and manage a team of clinical pharmacists and support staff and contribute to the overall management of the Logan and Beaudesert Pharmacy Service.
- Undertake clinical and resource allocation and manage the team including the performance appraisal and clinical supervision and management of subordinate staff.
- Integrate advanced level evidence-based practice for clinical decision making within the pharmacy, medical and nursing teams at the interface of care within the specialty of renal medicine.
- Provide professional leadership in the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols that support the continuum of care engaging cross-discipline referencing where relevant, and provision of clinical practice competence through Clinical evaluation (ClinCAT) and Advanced Practice Framework for professional competency assessment on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership, high level advice and assistance to multi-disciplinary health professional staff on clinical pharmacy knowledge and services.
- Provide professional supervision and mentorship to pharmacists, intern pharmacists, undergraduate and postgraduate students and pharmacy support personnel.
- Monitor the quality and service delivery improvement activities to the clinical pharmacy team of Logan Hospital and improve clinical service standards by using high level policy and evidence-based knowledge with minimal clinical practice supervision.
- Day to day management of a pharmacy team, including managing resource allocation. – Provide formal role in performance appraisal and management of subordinate staff.
- Apply advanced level leadership skills within multiple specialty areas through continued professional development and actively contribute to the development of advanced professional competence for clinicians.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
Are you the right person for the job?
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key attributes. Within the context of the responsibilities described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to educate, influence, advise and mentor internal and external colleagues, through consultation and collaborative problem solving, to implement interventions which improve medication safety outcomes for renal patients within appropriate operational and budgetary constraints.
- Demonstrates specialist-level knowledge, expertise and skills in contemporary clinical practice standards in renal pharmacy and a well-developed level of general pharmacy clinical knowledge, expertise and skill.
- Lead innovative clinical and operational excellence through the development and implementation of standards, procedures and practices.
- Ensure provision of a sustainable pharmacy service through planning and prioritisation of available of resources.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for all patients, carers and staff.
Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It’s also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly:
Further Information: Helender Singh (07) 3299 8818