Employer: Monash Health
Salary: As per Award
Closing application date: 12/07/2019
Kingston Team Pharmacist
The Monash Health Pharmacy Department is seeking an outstanding Pharmacist to further develop their pharmacy skills and career within the supported environment of the Monash Health network.
- Grade 2 Pharmacist
- Kingston Centre location
- Full Time, Permanent
About the role
The Kingston Centre Pharmacy Department provides pharmacy services to 176 aged care beds, comprising: rehabilitation, geriatric medicine, geriatric evaluation and management, Parkinson’s disease and aged care mental health.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Work effectively in a pharmacy team to provide pharmacy services in a variety of settings
- Provide medicines and optimise medication management safely and professionally to a variety of patients and clients.
- This dynamic role offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in the embedding of a new model of pharmacy service working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary clinical teams
- Provide an innovative pharmacy service in a safe and professional manner to Kingston Centre patients, clients and carers.
- Collaborate with other team members including multidisciplinary teams to ensure outstanding outcomes in patient care
- Participate in Quality and Safety activities, audits and medication safety initiatives.
- Contribute to education and research at the Kingston Centre
- Salary packaging
- Health and wellbeing programs: on-site fitness centres and smoke free workplace
- Employee support: confidential coaching and support service
- Recognition and reward program
- Pharmacist professional development and opportunities for career progression
- Have an interest in geriatric medicine and rehabilitation
- Established clinical pharmacy practice skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in interprofessional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Commitment to continued professional development and education
- Has a positive “can-do” attitude and displays initiative and reliability
- Minimum of 3 years’ post registration experience is necessary for consideration for grade 2 with demonstrated leadership, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (completed or in progress)
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Stage 1 or 2 credentialed (completed or in progress/intended)
- Clinical educator and/or supervision training, skills and experience
- Demonstrated interest in research
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Jeremy Austin 95942360