Job Code: CA255002
Employer: Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
Salary: $ 62,719 - $ 92,184 per annum
Closing application date: 04/11/2017
To deliver clinical pharmacy services to patients within the Cairns Hospital as a member of a multidisciplinary team to stakeholders/customers of Queensland Health. This position may be required to be rostered to other Health facilities within the Hospital and Health Service when required.
- Queensland Health encourages applicants to apply on-line for our vacancies through www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
- To do this, access the ‘apply online’ facility on the Smart jobs and careers website
Online applications have special requirements:
- You need to create a ‘My SmartJob’ account before submitting your online application. Details are available through the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
- You can ‘save and submit later’, allowing you to organise your attachments for submission at a later time, but before the closing date of applications;
- By applying online you can track your application through the process, maintain your personal details through registration and withdraw your application if required
- Do not attach photographs, certificates, references or other large graphics to your application;
- Any documents attached to smartjobs should be in Microsoft Word, or .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .rtf, .txt, .doc or docx. Do not upload zipped files, pdf documents created through Microsoft Word 2007, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
- Late applications cannot be submitted via the Smart jobs website, so please allow enough time before the closing date to submit your application. If approval has been granted by the Selection Panel for a late application to be considered, please contact the Recruitment Services team to arrange this.
- If you experience any technical difficulties when accessing www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au please contact 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
- All calls relating to the status of your application once the job has closed should be directed to the contact officer on the role description
- If you require any other assistance, please contact Recruitment Services on 07 4226 5124.
- Demonstrated knowledge, expertise and skill in hospital and community based services. This includes an understanding of all forms of pharmaceutical care according to the principles of evidence-based practice, as well as knowledge of acts, regulations and standards
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including consultation, negotiation and the ability to appropriately address conflict. This includes consultation and liaison with consumers, key stakeholders, health professionals, clients and community members
- Understanding and commitment to Queensland Health’s core values
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with, provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team and to implement the Australian Pharmaceutical Advisory Council (APAC) guidelines in a team environment, so as to provide quality services, support research activity and promote a model of best practice for the benefit of patients and staff
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff in line with quality human resource management practices including employment equity, antidiscrimination, occupational health and safety, and ethical behaviour
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements;
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the Pharmacy Board of Australia / Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA). Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/ manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties
- The appointee will be required to work a 7 day roster with flexible rostering patterns
- It is a condition of employment for the employee in this role to be, and remain, vaccinated against or non-susceptible to the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs) during their employment: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (chicken pox) and Pertussis (whooping cough). Existing staff engaged prior to 1 July 2016 (and have not had a break in service) are not subject to this new condition of employment unless they are moving from one Hospital and Health Service to another Hospital and Health Service within Queensland).
Existing staff that have previously submitted this evidence since 1 July 2016 will not be required to resubmit
- It is a condition of employment for the employee in this role to be vaccinated against or not susceptible to Hepatitis B. Proof of vaccination or non-susceptibility is a condition of employment for all staff (new and existing) who have direct contact with patients or who in the course of their work may be exposed to blood/body fluids or contaminated sharps
- It is strongly recommended that you complete the VPD Evidence Form and prepare your documents prior to meeting with the selection panel; however you will only be required to supply the evidence if you are the preferred applicant. If you are the preferred applicant, your application for employment will not be successful unless you comply with this Queensland Health policy. Further information and Evidence Forms can be found at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/work-for-us/dept-of-health/pre-employment/vaccinations/providing-evidence
- Current services provided include: outpatient pharmacy services, clinical pharmacy services to inpatient areas of Cairns Hospital; an extensive imprest service, clinical trials, and educational services. It is also the main provider of pharmacy services to the Southern Sector – Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service including clinical and non-clinical services to: Cooktown Hospital (22 beds), Weipa Hospital (15 beds) and 10 Rural and Remote Community Health Centres.
- The Pharmacy at Cairns Hospital also provides operational management to the pharmacy teams at Innisfail, Atherton, Mareeba and Mossman as well as professional guidance and support to Thursday Island Hospital.
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Michelle Rothwell (07) 4226 6129