The Monash Health Pharmacy Department is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Pharmacist to further develop their pharmacy skills and career within the supported environment of the Monash Health network.
- Grade 1 Pharmacist – Pharmacist Award Classification SX5-SW10
- Opportunity to work across all Monash Health sites
- Full Time, temporary until July 2021
About the Role
The Monash Health Pharmacy Department provides clinical and operational services to patients in outpatient clinics and wards across the entire lifespan – from pre-birth, newborn babies and children, to adults and aged-care. This will allow you to gain experience in specialist areas. The clinical pharmacy service at Monash Health provides a unit based clinical pharmacy service which collaborates with medical, nursing and allied health clinicians to achieve the best outcomes for patients.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Work collaboratively in pharmacy teams, both departmental and unit-based
- Provide exceptional patient-centred care by ensuring medication safety and optimising medication
- Management outcomes both in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Provide pharmacy services within the department, and as part of unit-based clinical teams
- Provide supervision of pre-registration pharmacists and students during their clinical placement
- Provide pharmacy services in a safe and professional manner to all Monash Health patients, clients and carers
- Participate in quality improvement and research activities.
- Current registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA
- Established and current clinical pharmacy practice skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in inter professional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continued professional development and education
- Has a positive “can-do” attitude and displays initiative and reliability
- Previous experience in a hospital environment
- Author of accepted presentation poster or paper
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (completed or in progress)
- At least 3 years of pharmacy practice experience
- Undertaken undergraduate pharmacy student supervision
What’s on offer at Monash Health?
- Salary packaging
- Health and wellbeing programs: on-site fitness centres, smoke free workplace, general practitioner services
- Employee support: confidential coaching and support service
- Recognition and reward program
- Pharmacist professional development and opportunities for career progression
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.