This is a Recruitment Pool for Fixed Term Full Time appointments of up to 12 months, with the possibility for extension(s), commencing in 2023. We are seeking applicants for Regional Pharmacist positions who are interested in developing their hospital pharmacy skills in country WA.
Applicants filling these positions have the potential to enrol in the SHPA Foundation Residency program. This is an accredited 2 year training program aimed at pharmacists who are early in their career in the hospital sector or with experience in a different practice setting who are transitioning into a hospital pharmacy practice. Further details on the SHPA Foundation Residency Program can be found online at Residency Programs - The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (shpa.org.au)
We have a total of 8 positions available to be based at the following locations – Albany, Broome, Bunbury, Geraldton, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Northam/Narrogin. There may be opportunities to be exposed to clinical activities in different sites across WA for those participating in the 2 year residency program. Accommodation may be available for pharmacists in some locations.
For Further Job Related Information
If you would like further information, we encourage you to contact Melanie Utting, Staff Development Pharmacist on 0455 228 504 or via email email@example.com
Interested in Applying?
If this role is what you are looking for, apply online by clicking the ‘apply for job’ button at the bottom of this page.
Please provide in your application:
- A covering letter of no more than 2 pages demonstrating which WACHS value resonates most with you and how you would apply this to your practice. Please also detail whether you are interested in enrolling in the SHPA Foundation Residency program, and if so, what is your motivation and why you consider yourself a suitable applicant.
- A comprehensive CV that clearly shows your experience relevant to this role and the names and contact details including email address of two (2) professional referees. It is preferable for one referee to be your current supervisor or manager.
Eligibility to Apply
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia to be considered for positions in the WA public sector.
- Undertake a criminal records screening and integrity checks; this may also include referees commenting on your integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
- Completion of a satisfactory Pre-Employment Health Assessment (PEHA).
Be eligible for/or in possession of a current C or C-A Class driver’s licence.