Monash Health is excited to announce a new intake of Grade 1 and 2 rotational pharmacists. Develop and apply your clinical and operational pharmacy experience and support our ongoing journey to pharmacy services excellence.
- Grade 1 Pharmacist – Pharmacists Award Classification SW5-SW10 and Grade 2 Pharmacist – Pharmacists Award Classification SX2-SX5 positions available - depending on experience and qualifications
- Exciting opportunity to join the pharmacy team as a rotational pharmacist and develop and apply your clinical and operational knowledge and skills across a diversity of pharmacy practice areas and Monash Health sites
- Play a key role in providing pharmacy services to achieve the best outcomes for Monash Health patients
- Enviable professional development opportunities available
- Full time or part time, permanent or fixed term contracts available
About the Pharmacy Department at Monash Health
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Our Pharmacy team fills a crucial role in delivering our strategic intent to be “relentless in our pursuit of excellence”. The Pharmacy Department provides clinical, operational and quality pharmacy services to patients in outpatient clinics and wards/units across the entire lifespan – from pre-birth, newborn babies and children, to adults and aged-care. The growth of our service and team has enabled the opportunity for experienced pharmacists to join our team to support our work across our service.
About The Role
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Provide best practice pharmacy services and exceptional patient-centred care by ensuring medication safety and optimising medication management
- Provide pharmacy services as part of pharmacy and interprofessional team in a diversity of pharmacy practice settings and Monash Health sites through operational and clinical pharmacy rotations to achieve the best outcomes for our patients
- Provide pharmacy services within the department, and as part of unit or ward based clinical teams
- Provide supervision of intern pharmacists and pharmacy students on placement
- Provide pharmacy services in a safe and professional manner to all Monash Health patients, clients and carers
- Participate in quality improvement and research activities
You have been developing your clinical and/or operational pharmacy skills or you are an accomplished hospital pharmacist; either way, you are ready to take this next step in your career. You are a role model, thrive in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are truly passionate about delivering best practice pharmacy services to all patients, carers and health care professionals.
You are also:
- dedicated to safe best practice and quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care and advocating for your patients
- enthusiastic, compassionate and able to work collaboratively
- an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
What You Need
- Current registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA
- Established and current clinical and/or operational pharmacy practice skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in interprofessional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continued professional development, education, quality improvement and research
- Australian working rights
- Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy environment
- Demonstrated research and quality improvement project output
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (completed or in progress)
- Provided pharmacy student and/or intern pharmacist supervision
What We Offer
- Access to Monash Health training courses and credentialing programs to develop/consolidate your clinical and operational pharmacy skills and knowledge
- Mentorship and opportunities for career progression
- Support to attend relevant continuing professional development events and conferences
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity, and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement or your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, which can be accessed via MyGov.