About HealthShare Victoria
Established on 1 January 2021, HealthShare Victoria (HSV) is a commercially oriented government organisation focused on supply chain-related value creation for the Victorian public health system including:
- Merger and integration of the supply chains and supply chain businesses associated with medical consumables (delivering value by way of optimisation and efficiency).
- Origination and execution of state-wide and strategic procurement contracts for public health system purchasing (delivering value by way of cost reduction and cost avoidance); and
- Managing supply chain surety risks for the public health system (delivering value by way of avoidance of risk itself).
HSV has integrated the medical consumable supply chains of its first 7 health service customers as part of its broader value creation agenda. Leveraging its precursor organisation Health Purchasing Victoria (established in 2001), over the last 12 months HSV has delivered over $120 million in benefits to health services by way of its state-wide and strategic procurement activities.
The Opportunity - 3 x Pharmaceutical Category Managers
Currently, with a team of eight Pharmacists, HSV's pharmaceutical stream has over $145 million value under contract annually which is expected to increase significantly in the next few years. To support this growth we are seeking three additional Pharmacists/Category Managers to join the team.
Reporting to a Senior Category Manager, the objective of this role will be to develop, lead and execute category plans and sourcing strategies for the Pharmaceutical category to deliver financial and non-financial benefits to health services across Victoria.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Develop and implement procurement activities to ensure the sourcing of products and services and resultant contract management are undertaken
- Assist the Senior Category Manager and Head of Sourcing with the implementation of the Category Management Framework including strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management to deliver supply chain excellence within the Pharmaceuticals team
- Develop and use financial data and analytics to understand cost drivers
- Promote and maintain productive and collaborative relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders across the category.
- Create an engagement and communication plan identifying key stakeholders for the sourcing project in line with key pre-defined processes, including site visits.
- Review and analyse appropriate stakeholder and/or supplier sales data and liaise with key stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of the size of a particular ITS (Invitation to Supply) opportunity and how it fits with HSV’s targets.
- Participate in validation/strategy reviews, including preparation of validation/strategy recommendations, for ITS progression.
What You Will Bring:
- Pharmaceutical/clinical experience
- Ability to learn and adapt your clinical knowledge to procurement context
- Ability to research, critically evaluate, and analyse data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence others and engage internal and external stakeholders, and work collaboratively
- A passion for delivering safe, affordable and sustainable healthcare
A full position description can be found on the HSV Careers Page. To express your interest, please submit your CV via Seek. We look forward to hearing from you!
HSV is an all-inclusive employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disabilities, LGBTI, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
Probity checks are also conducted in the latter stages of the recruitment process.
Applicants requiring flexible working arrangements including part-time hours will be considered.