About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated Pharmacist with experience in Oncology and Haematology to join the Lake Macquarie Pharmacy Team.
The successful applicant will have responsibilities for:
- The preparation and dispensing of a variety of cytotoxic medications (in accordance with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Clinical review of oncology & hematology protocols
- Maintenance and use of the CHARM oncology software
- Providing a clinical pharmacy service
- Administration and dispensing of clinical trial medications and associated services
- Liaise with the wider clinical trials team to facilitate new trials on site
This position requires:
- Current Pharmacist Registration with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Demonstrated contemporary pharmacy experience with a minimum of 2 years of hospital experience
- Experience in a clinical oncology and broader clinical hospital pharmacy services
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and lead a team
- Experience with dispensary and inventory control systems
- Aseptic manufacturing skills
- You love working in a team, and collaborating with others to deliver excellent care
- You are engaged, flexible, responsive – and you like working with others just like you.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Competitive salary
- Permanent full-time position available with a rotating roster which includes weekend shifts
- Career pathways into pharmacy operations, clinical education and leadership
- Educational Opportunities - University of Tasmania scholarships for Graduate Diploma of Clinical Pharmacy and Graduate Certificate of Clinical Pharmacy, and many more including Pharmaceutical Society of Australia & Society of Hospital Pharmacy Australia courses!
- Support from our brilliant leaders, educators, systems support and marketing teams.
Benefits! WHY Ramsay Pharmacy?
Ramsay Pharmacy is part of Ramsay Health Care, a global leader in health care. With over 80,000 employees and more than 539 facilities in Europe, Australia, Asia and the Americas, Ramsay offers a world of professional development opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- A distinctive culture of People Caring for People
- Flexible career pathways and unparalleled learning and development
- Study leave
- Ramsay Pharmacy Academy – a suite of programs to provide further educations opportunities, leadership development and innovative models of practice
- Employee benefits scheme
- Wide variety of Professional development programs
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Up-to-date in your COVID-19 vaccinations using vaccines approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
Email MackenzieTemplarA@ramsayhealth.com.au for more details