Are you a newly-registered pharmacist wanting to gain experience across various hospital and oncology services?
Come and spend your first year as a Registered Pharmacist gaining experience in hospital pharmacy with Icon Group - the largest provider of hospital pharmacy and oncology services in Australia.
- Opportunity to rotate to different hospitals supporting our teams;
- Learn a broad range of skills including clinical pharmacy, oncology, IVF, Hospital dispensary, rural and remote hospital pharmacy;
- Attractive initial remuneration package with travel allowances when needed;
- Training and education provided setting your career on the right path;
- Sydney and Newcastle based positions
The role is offered as a 12 month contract with the potential to stay on permanently.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and medication profiles
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
Who are we?
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and structured training provided
- Annual Mileage Allowance (paid fortnightly)
- Reliever Incentive Allowance
- Expense Allowance for overnight travel
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Discounts on major retail brands via Icon’s corporate partners
- Employee Assistance Program
Who are we looking for?
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have strong time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working within a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to lifelong learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Valid drivers licence and access to your own transport is required for this role
- Dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.