Mental Health Graduate pharmacist
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the Northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our goal to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
About the Austin Health Pharmacy Department:
The Pharmacy Department provides comprehensive high-quality care to Austin Health patients and supports other members of the healthcare team in all aspects of medicines management.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity for a Grade 1 pharmacist in their first year of registration to work in Mental Health at Austin Health. This is a full-time fixed-term position for 12-months. This objective of this role is to support a graduate pharmacist to develop their clinical skills and knowledge to provide comprehensive, high-quality care to mental health patients.
- Rotations to various mental health units including the acute psychiatric unit and community mental health areas
- Facilitated learning from Senior Mental Health and clinical pharmacists.
- Professional development and protected learning time.
- Monthly group peer supervision sessions with graduates from other disciplines.
- Support developing learning plans and portfolios.
- An authentic commitment to supporting graduate wellbeing throughout your time at Austin Health.
You will be someone with good communication and interpersonal skills, who is comfortable working in a team environment and have:
• Registration as a Pharmacist with AHPRA with no restrictions
• In your first year of registration
• Accuracy and efficiency in medication management processes
• A consumer-focused approach to work and service quality
Inclusion at Austin:
We celebrate, value, and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies, and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQI+, and people of any age.
Work with us! If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working with Children Check.