- Immediate start
- Location: flexible, including virtual (work from home) provisions
- 12-month contract @ 1.0FTE (38 hours per week)
- $80,000 - $85,000 plus superannuation and salary packaging
The role of the Membership Manager is primarily to grow nationwide SHPA membership across all categories through innovative strategies and in partnership with SHPA Branches, while driving interest in, and uptake of SHPA products, programs and services.
As part of the SHPA Member Experience team, the Membership Manager will contribute to and capitalise on growing awareness and understanding of SHPA’s purpose and activities to develop and implement marketing strategies that drive new member acquisition, increase existing member satisfaction, uptake of member benefits, member retention and member category conversion.
As key contact for volunteer members on SHPA’s Branch Committees, the role will support branches in their local outreach efforts and attract new members from non-hospital settings, while also responding to general membership enquiries.
As part of a small team, energy, a positive attitude and flexibility are essential to your success.
This is a full-time (12-month maximum term) position of 38 hours per week with flexible hours. Generous salary packaging is available. The key duties below are indicative as needs may change from time to time.
Membership marketing and support
- Conduct landscape analysis and develop marketing strategies to grow nationwide, full pharmacist (paid) SHPA membership and membership across other categories, and maximise member retention and minimise attrition as members move between categories.
- Drawing on business intelligence from SHPA membership platforms, respond to member feedback and devise marketing solutions that improve member engagement and satisfaction.
- In partnership with the Membership Experience Manager, implement website and member portal modifications that improve members’ online experience and facilitate easy and effective membership sign-up and renewal and purchase of products and services.
- Respond to member enquiries as needed
Branch Committee liaison
- Act as a key contact for SHPA Branch Committees in ACT, NSW, Qld, SA/NT, Tas, Vic and WA, responding to enquiries, triaging actions to relevant SHPA teams, managing monthly and quarterly reports.
- Identify and maximise in-person interstate opportunities for member recruitment, supporting SHPA membership promotion and education activities.
- Support planning and delivery of SHPA Branch education events, including strategies to equip SHPA members as recruitment ambassadors.
Social media and events
- Support paid marketing and earned promotional strategies to increase event attendance, including national seminars and webinars, Online CPD and Medicines Management, the annual SHPA National Conference.
- With the Member Experience team, develop and implement social media campaigns to complement key membership drives, SHPA event promotion and other SHPA activity through the SHPA social media calendar.
- Five years’ experience working in representative or member organisations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, engaging demeanour and enthusiasm to travel to engage members
- Excellent capacity to rapidly distil complex information for a variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Highly personable, goal-oriented and well-organised.
- Bachelor degree in marketing or related discipline
- Knowledge of hospital pharmacy services and evolving pharmacy roles
- Experience in professional marketing roles; understanding of advertising and budgeting in cost-restrained environments
- Strong understanding of the Australian healthcare system
Please submit your application (including cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org