Job Code: #19119/2
Employer: Northeast Health Wangaratta
Salary: $81K to $92K
Closing application date: 24/02/2019
Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is the major health provider in the Central Hume region with an extensive range of acute, sub-acute, aged care and community services.
NHW has an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated, passionate Pharmacist who is looking for the opportunity to take on a dual role as Medication Safety and Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist.
The primary role of this established position is to provide leadership for Medication Safety and Antimicrobial Stewardship across NHW. This Pharmacist supports NHW goals by complying with Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare accreditation standards, especially Standard 4 – Medication Safety and 3.15 & 3.16 – Antimicrobial stewardship. This role will include education and in services to nursing and other NHW staff, in addition to supporting supervision of pharmacy interns.
The successful applicant will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration and full salary packaging benefits that are available to Victorian Public Health Sector employees
– Ability to comply with the “Behavioural Outcomes” for this role.
– Current registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
– Experience in hospital pharmacy and clinical pharmacy practice.
– Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
– An understanding of the accreditation standards relating to Standard 4 – Medication Safety and 3.15 and 3.16 – Antimicrobial Stewardship.
– Excellent communication and teaching skills.
– Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships.
– Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of pharmacy and multi-disciplinary teams.
– Experience & proficiency in using various software such as email, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint
– Relevant post-graduate qualifications
– Experience with electronic medication management systems
– Proficiency in using iPharmacy
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: David Ford/Susan Trevillian (03) 5722 5324