Job Code: 19087
Employer: Alfred Health
Salary: TA20 - TA22
Closing application date: 01/02/2019
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medication outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Lead Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Lead Pharmacist – Surgical Services is responsible for the delivery and development of clinical pharmacy services to the Alfred Health Surgical Specialties Units, Trauma Services Units and related services.
Working within the inpatient and outpatient multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide innovative pharmacy services to achieve the best medical outcomes for individual patients. You will also contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through practice-based research and service improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern and rotational clinical pharmacists.
Research is an essential part of pharmacy services at Alfred Health. The post holder would also be expected to contribute to the research and educational activities of the Surgical teams as well as pursue their own research.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Child Care
- Onsite gym
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent or progression towards.
- A portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services with multiple chronic diseases is useful
- Extensive experience with a demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in QUM and therapeutics.
- Extensive experience in the critical evaluation of medical literature and demonstrated ability to translate into clinical practice
- Superior administrative and organisational skills, and exhibit the ability to work and communicate effectively with pharmacy staff, medical, nursing and other health professionals.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Diane Walters 03 9076 2061