- Permanent Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Classification: Grade 4 Hospital Pharmacist TA20 – TA22
- Award: Victorian Public Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
- Based at The Alfred campus
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
The Pharmacy Department also plays a pivotal role in managing the electronic medication management system within our comprehensive electronic medical record (Cerner), with an advanced level of integration linking this to the Pharmacy Dispensing (i.Pharmacy) and Automated Medication Storage systems (Omnicell). This is complemented by a strong clinical presence and a Centre for Medicine Use and Safety program to achieve a considered, safe and financially responsible approach to medication management within Alfred Heath.
Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
In association with the Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Pharmaceutical Management, this role has a key focus on delivery, quality, training and monitoring of services and staff relating to management of pharmaceuticals across Alfred Health. The post holder will be required to objectively assess performance utilising available data from existing Pharmacy related information systems in order to ensure internal and external service expectations are being met. Close working relationships with programs within Pharmacy are required to provide the most current therapeutics in a timely manner using the most recent advancements in medication storage technology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification such as Masters of Public Health and Policy or Masters of Health Services Management desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
- Hospital pharmacy in a senior management position, with a demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in hospital pharmacy services, pharmaceutical supply chain management, drug therapy and health care administration
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and practice in pharmacy procurement and logistics or a related speciality
- Experience in project management
- Leadership and commitment to service development
- Supervision, mentoring and development of staff
- Strong computer literacy across various platforms
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Jarrod Yip (Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Pharmaceutical Management) via Tel: +61 3 9076 2061 or J.Yip@alfred.org.au
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close: 11pm Monday, 13th February 2023