Job Code: 20429
Employer: Eastern Health
Closing application date: 15/12/2019
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role:
- Ensure Eastern Health complies and delivers care consistent with the national standards for Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Coordinate the activities of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Regularly review and update antimicrobial guidelines for Eastern Health
- Promote the ongoing activities of antimicrobial stewardship to consumers, pharmacy staff, nurses and medical staff
- Lead and mentor the antimicrobial stewardship pharmacy team
- Participate in ongoing research relating to infectious diseases or antimicrobial stewardship
- Conduct performance appraisals for allocated staff
- Conduct Antimicrobial Stewardship Rounds
- Set up and maintain an audit schedule for the antimicrobial stewardship program that align with quality indicators and clinical care standards
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence
What we offer:
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits which include:
Diverse and engaging career opportunities
Friendly & supportive team
Flexible working hours
Salary packaging options
Career progression in our teaching hospitals
To be successful in this role you should possess:
A pharmacist registered in Australia or eligible for registration in Australia
Current and advanced hospital pharmacy experience, especially in the area of antimicrobial use and stewardship
Effective clinical pharmacy skills
Demonstrated competence in drug knowledge, especially antimicrobial therapy and its application in the clinical setting
Oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of hospital staff and patients
Demonstrate ability to work as part of the Infectious Diseases Team
Demonstrate commitment to optimum patient care and professional practice
Demonstrate commitment to continuing education and peer review
Ability to supervise and provide leadership
Ability to search and analyse medical and paramedical literature
Ability to demonstrate strong decision making skills
Demonstrated effective feedback skills
Demonstrated ability to manage projects and to meet deadlines
Current Driver’s licence
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: LYN-LI LIM (03) 9895 4637