Employer: Tasmanian Health Service
Salary: $58,442 pa
Closing application date: 28/04/2019
Positions available across various locations within Tasmanian Public Hospitals:
Hobart, Launceston, Burnie & Latrobe
Assisting in the provision of a comprehensive range of pharmacy services for the hospitals while undertaking a structured pre-registration training program recognised by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
Duties will include:-
• Working under the supervision of a pharmacist and assisting in the provision of clinical pharmacy services, including reviewing patient medication profiles and participating in consultant ward rounds, case conferences and meetings as required. Providing drug information as appropriate to doctors and health professional staff and providing verbal and written drug information to patients.
• Dispensing medications, under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, for inpatients and outpatients of the hospital providing counselling and consumer medication information (CMI), following hospital procedures for medication reconciliation and provision of medication action plans and medication profiles, to patients and ongoing caregivers at discharge.
• Manufacturing pharmaceutical products as required, following accepted aseptic and extemporaneous procedures, including small scale batches, parenteral nutrition products and chemotherapy.
• Salary packaging
• Professional development opportunities
• An unbeatable lifestyle
Eligible for provisional registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
1. Previous experience in a workplace that requires the application of relevant legislation, codes of practice and workplace guidelines.
2. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to contribute effectively as an active member of a diverse team.
3. Some previous dispensing experience and knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and Safety Net Scheme.
4. Contemporary knowledge of therapeutics and pharmacy practice.
5. Capacity to reflect on own skills and experiences and be responsible for own learning and development.
6. Ability to critically analyse medical and pharmaceutical information.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Georgina Makalani 03 6166 6802