Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
- Work as a part of the relevant Hospital’s Pharmacy Department and Hospital’s Pharmacy Team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Multiple vacancies in each region – Permanent and Fixed Term Shift-Worker positions, Full and Part Time, working up to 76 hours per fortnight.
Salary: $66,526 - $95,776 pro rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professions Unions Wages Agreement 2019
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Pharmacist (Statewide) HP1-2 (September 2021) HR.pdf
- Generic Pharmacist (Statewide) HP1-2 (September 2021) HR.docx
How to apply
Apply Online via the Tasmanian Government Jobs Website. Please click the blue "Apply now" button. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.job.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.