Tired of big cities? How about a walk along the beach just before work?
Consider moving to North West Tasmania to experience wonderful beaches, mountains, world heritage listed national parks, hinterland villages, great food, wine and more. Living in Tasmania you will experience a temperate climate with four distinct seasons, world-renowned food and wine, wild and beautiful landscapes, a relaxed island lifestyle, and a fascinating history. Very affordable lifestyle with fantastic properties in idyllic locations at a fraction of the cost compared to Australia’s capital cities. Traffic jam is not a common term in North West Tasmania and you will have a great work life balance.
Tasmanian | The quiet pursuit of the extraordinary
- Work as a part of the North West Regional Hospital's Pharmacy Department and Hospital’s Pharmacy Team to provide a comprehensive, efficient, and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, shift-worker position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing ASAP
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,867 - $102,493 per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with the Allied Health Professional Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualification/program of study approved by the Pharmacy Board of Australia or completion of an overseas qualification eligible for skill assessment through the Australian Pharmacy Council
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
- Generic Pharmacist (Statewide) HP1-2 (May 2023) CS.pdf
- Generic Pharmacist (Statewide) HP1-2 (May 2023) CS.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Tasmanian Government Jobs (pageuppeople.com)
Please click the "Apply" button. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Pharmacy Support Officer
Phone: 0436 646 678
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.