Do you enjoy having variety at work? Are you resourceful and can think outside of the box? Do you want the ability to jump ahead of your peers?
We are searching for Pharmacists who don't want to be boxed into one specialty area and want to develop skills across all general areas of pharmacy practice. To be successful in this role applicants must have a strong work ethic that includes the ability to
- create and foster an attitude of positivity and teamwork.
- coach others when needed in a supportive fashion.
- collaborate with a broad range of peers and colleagues.
- be adaptable and flexible
The roles are based North West Regional and Mersey Community Hospitals. Our teams may be smaller in scale than our other hospitals, but they provide larger opportunities. Instead of being 1 of 5 juniors on a ward, you can be the single Pharmacist getting to be the first port of call for a range of patient care situations.
There are great opportunities to work across a variety of inpatient areas including medical, surgical, rehabilitation, paediatrics, psychiatric and emergency department wards.
In this role you will be required to work as a part of a team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
Key to being successful in this role will be your pharmacy experience in a range of activities such as dispensing or clinical pharmacy, preferably in a hospital setting, together with experience in the application of relevant legislation, codes of practice and workplace guidelines in the practice of pharmacy. These roles are also ideal for Pharmacists working in community pharmacies that are interested in a sea change.
Statewide Hospital Pharmacy, led by Executive Director Tom Simpson, provides hospital pharmacy services to patients of Tasmania’s acute public hospitals through on-site pharmacy departments, and a remote service to the district hospitals.
Statewide services include clinical and specialist pharmacy services, dispensing medications, on-site doses of chemotherapy, involvement in local national and international clinical trials and specialist support services including the telehealth-based Remote Clinical Pharmacy service.
What’s on Offer?
- Negotiable relocation assistance for successful interstate applicants
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Salary packaging
- Support for ongoing professional development including post graduate qualification salary advancement where applicable
- Diverse career pathways including opportunities for secondment into higher duties and access to higher duties allowance
- Other employment conditions and allowances available under the Allied Health Agreement
Want more? Need a change of pace or lifestyle? Then North West Tasmania is the place for you.
Tasmania offers a coveted lifestyle with some of the most amazing natural attractions, world heritage national parks, secluded beaches, exceptional produce, award-winning wine, and great local beers. Living in Tasmania you will experience a temperate climate with four distinct seasons, wild and beautiful landscapes, a relaxed island lifestyle, and a fascinating history.
Find out more about our beautiful state here: Tasmanian | The quiet pursuit of the extraordinary
Details of Appointment
Multiple Permanent, full time, shift work, position working 76 hours per fortnight.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $72,025 - $102,493 per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Pharmacist (Statewide) HP1-2 (Jan 2023) HR23.pdf
- Generic Pharmacist (Statewide) HP1-2 (Jan 2023) HR23.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button.
Tasmanian Government Jobs (pageuppeople.com)
This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Pharmacy Support Officer
Phone: 0436 646 678
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.