- Offering opportunities for study, certification, upskilling and career progression via our dedicated technician development program
- Salary range $64,454 to $70,899 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience and qualifications
- Central Parkville location
Are you an experienced hospital or community pharmacy technician looking to take the next step in your career? Join our team which is focused on the development and career progression of pharmacy technicians! We currently have Full Time and Part Time roles available, and are looking for team members who are passionate about pharmacy and healthcare.
Pharmacy at The Royal Melbourne Hospital plays a key role in the safe and efficient delivery of medications across our 600-bed hospital service. We are looking for motivated individuals who are excited to learn and develop their skills in hospital pharmacy. You will work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to provide high-quality pharmaceutical care to our patients.
Your new team:
- We provide high level pharmacy services into many exciting areas over our Parkville and Royal Park campuses including technician led:
- Dispensary services.
- Aseptic services.
- Inventory management.
- We are also continuously developing new roles into exciting areas such as:
- Ambulatory care.
- State-wide medication services.
- We are a dynamic and supportive pharmacy team working together to deliver safe, high-quality patient care and medicines management.
- We enjoy a collaborative working environment and you will work as part of the operational team to support the provision of medications.
- We will provide full training and support you to develop your skills in hospital operational pharmacy.
Your new role:
- Work in partnership with the Pharmacy Operations team (Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists) to provide high-quality operational pharmacy services.
- Train and develop new skills as we expand into new and exciting roles.
- Participate in day-to-day pharmacy technician operations across inpatients, outpatients, aseptics, and inventory and procurement.
- Maintain a customer focus for all services within the scope of the position.
- Contribute to on-call, after-hours, public holiday, and weekend services.
- You demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have a high attention to detail.
- You have current working rights in Australia.
- Experience in community or hospital pharmacy is an advantage.
Benefits of working with The Royal Melbourne Hospital:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team.
- Up to $12,000 tax-free earnings per year with salary packaging, onsite car parking, and easily accessible by public transport.
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year (pro rata), monthly paid day off for full time staff.
- Join a values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement, including training and research opportunities, and access to mentorship and leadership programs.
- Enjoy an expanding employee benefits program, with comprehensive Health & Wellbeing programs to support work life balance.
The RMH stands in solidarity with First Nations people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity and inclusion for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Interested? Apply today!
Recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable applicants are received. Advertising may cease prior to the closing date.
For a confidential discussion, connect with us via the details below – we would love to hear from you! If you need any support with your application please reach out to the hiring manager via the details below, or our Recruitment Services Team at RMHrecruitservices@mh.org.au.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check, and where applicable, a Working With Children Check (WWCC). All RMH employees must provide evidence of an immunisation assessment including evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses) and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine (mandatory for all clinical and/or patient-facing roles) before commencement. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and the legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.