Hospital Pharmacy Technician Grade 2 or 3
- Offering opportunities for study, certification, upskilling and career progression
- Central CBD location, salary packaging, great team!
- Grade 2 or 3 depending on experience and qualification
- Pathways to progress into Senior Grade 3 technician roles (fully remunerated) via our dedicated technician development program
Are you an experienced hospital pharmacy technician looking to take the next step in your career? Join our team which is focused on the development and career progression of pharmacy technicians. We are looking for team members who are passionate about pharmacy and healthcare to join our dynamic and innovative pharmacy team.
Pharmacy at The Royal Melbourne Hospital plays a key role in the safe and efficient delivery of medications across our 600-bed hospital service. We are looking for motivated individuals who are excited to learn and develop their skills in hospital pharmacy. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to provide high-quality pharmaceutical care to our patients.
Your new team:
- We have expanded our pharmacy services into exciting areas for our rotating technician workforce over our city and Royal Park campuses including:
- Technician-led dispensary services
- The Accuracy Checking Technician program
- Renal Dialysis Services Technician
- IBD Compassionate Patient Management Technician
- Outpatient clinic services
- Day infusion centre
- Technician-led aseptic services
- Procurement and management of medication inventory
- Digital Health
- We are a dynamic and supportive pharmacy team working together to deliver safe, high-quality patient care and medicines management.
- We enjoy a collaborative working environment and you will work as part of the operational team to support the provision of medications.
- We will provide full training and support you to develop your skills in hospital operational pharmacy.
About the role:
- Work in partnership with the Pharmacy Operations team (Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists) to provide high-quality operational pharmacy services.
- Train and develop new skills as we expand into new and exciting roles.
- Participate in day-to-day pharmacy technician operations across inpatients, outpatients, aseptics, and inventory and procurement.
- Maintain a customer focus for all services within the scope of the position.
- Contribute to on-call, after-hours, public holiday, and weekend services.
- Participate in meetings and committees.
- You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You have current working rights in Australia or Citizenship/Permanent Residency.
- Experience in community or hospital pharmacy is an advantage.
Benefits of working with The Royal Melbourne Hospital:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging (up to $12,000 tax-free earnings per year), onsite car parking, close to public transport.
The RMH stands in solidarity with First Nations people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Interested? Apply today!
Recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable applicants are received. Advertising may cease prior to the closing date.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check, and where applicable, a Working With Children Check (WWCC). All RMH employees must provide evidence of an immunisation assessment including evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses) and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine (mandatory for all clinical and/or patient-facing roles) before commencement. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and the legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.