Job Code: VG/HOSPHARM191218
Employer: Echuca Regional Health
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing application date: 27/02/2019
• A fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Pharmacy team
• Permanent full time position
• Echuca Regional Health is the winner of the 2018 Premier’s Medium Health Service of the Year, and is an innovative health service with a pharmacy department that has a strong focus on utilising technology to optimise medication safety.
• Attractive rates and salary packaging available
Applications are sought from suitably qualified Hospital Pharmacist to work in the Pharmacy Department at Echuca Regional Health.
The Pharmacy Department is looking for someone who is passionate about working in healthcare, who want to grow and develop their career.
Applicants should be highly motivated with a great work ethic and previous experience as a hospital pharmacist. They will be able to perform well in a team and communicate effectively with patients and staff. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their interest in professional development.
You will work closely with a team of pharmacists and technicians who are committed to delivering patient focused services at Echuca Regional Health. A strong commitment to team work, flexibility and organisational skills are essential to deliver high quality patient focused care.
Key responsibilities include:
• Timely and accurate dispensing of prescriptions for outpatients, inpatients and patients for discharge
• Provide drug information to health care professionals and to patients
• Contribute to stock control and claiming of medications
• Contribute to on call and weekend/after hours services when required
• Promote medication safety
• Participate in quality use of medication projects, audits and dispensary based quality assurance activities
• Working in specialist areas such as chemotherapy, renal dialysis unit, aseptic manufacturing and partnered pharmacist medication charting
This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police Check prior to appointment.
How to Apply:
Please take the time to read the position description attached to this advertisement.
Your application must outline how your skills, knowledge and personal attributes relate to the key selection criteria.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online through the ERH website www.erh.org.au. If you experience technical difficulty please contact: 1300 366 356 for assistance.
If you require access to a computer to complete your online application please contact our Education Department: 03 54855286.
Applications must include:
1. A covering letter;
3. Completed online questionnaire; and
4. Three professional referees.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Deputy Director of Pharmacy, on: (03) 54855988
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Applications close midnight on Wednesday 27 February 2019
Employee and family benefits include:
* Comprehensive learning and development program
* Flexible employment practices
* Salary packaging
* Extended employee assistance program (including support for family members)
* Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
* Employee recognition program
* Free onsite parking
Our team requires someone who has:
• Qualifications in B.Pharm
• Registration with AHPRA
• Relevant clinical post-graduate qualifications, such as a Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice or higher is desirable
• Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
• Proven experience and competence as a hospital pharmacist
• Strong interpersonal skills, sound oral and written communication skills
• A willingness to learn and work in a multidisciplinary team
How to ApplyDownload this position description and apply directly:
Further Information: Deputy Director of Pharmacy (03) 5485 5988