Grade 1 (Year 3 - 6) / Grade 2 (Year 1 - 4)
Permanent Full/Part Time
(minimum 48 hrs per fortnight, up to 80 hrs per fortnight with ADO available)
Multiple positions available
A generous relocation, transition and retention package* valued up to $30,000, including accommodation support for successful candidates
In addition, the Victorian Government has up to $13,000 international travel reimbursement for international health care workers in relocating to Victoria to start in specific professions within public health services by 30 June 2023. For more information on eligibility, click here
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for motivated Pharmacists to join our supportive and dynamic Pharmacy team at our exciting new health service - Grampians Health, the first of its kind in Victoria, based at our Horsham Campus. You will be part of an exceptional team providing general and clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high level while supporting the quality use of medicines.
- Clinical pharmacist services to acute, subacute and outpatient settings
- Provision of appropriate, timely and adequate supply of medications to patients
- Commitment and participation in ongoing projects and services that ensure the safe and quality use of medicines
- Provision of education to other health care professionals
- Contribution to on call and weekend services
Located on the banks of the Wimmera River, Horsham is the retail, business & service centre of the Wimmera region. Horsham offers affordable housing, education and accessible community services alongside a vibrant combination of food, art, shopping, culture and nature. With legendary natural attractions such as the Grampians National Park, world renowned Mount Arapiles and the Little Desert National Park nearby, there are many amazing natural features to see and explore. If you are dreaming of a career change with country lifestyle, and want to swap expensive urban dwelling for stunning natural landscapes, Horsham is the place for you.
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health brings together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term. A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
What we can offer:
- Generous support of up to 6 months accommodation* which can include family friendly options
- Relocation and Retention Incentive Bonus $15,000*
- Relocation reimbursement*
- Tailored clinical supervision and professional development support that leads to career progression opportunities
- Exposure to a wide range of clinical domains, including opportunities to rotate through our other campuses
- Attractive salary packaging benefits working for a public health provider in a regional location
- An exciting new health service with a culture that prioritizes patient centred care and the growth and development of our workforce
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities
- Salary packaging with rural area housing benefits
- Free parking
- Professional development and education programs & opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
Contact Hazel Colbert, Director of Pharmacy, on (03) 5381 9028 for a confidential discussion about the position.
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated above. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) can be found on our website www.whcg.org.au or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a National Police Check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
*terms & conditions apply
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.