Job Code: 203369
Employer: Epic Pharmacy
Closing application date: 10/11/2019
About the role:
New role to join our supportive team on a permanent full-time basis. Located in Frenchs Forest, you will work onsite at the brand-new state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital. The Hospital is the result of the most significant public and private investment into a single health facility in NSW. This site provides patient-centred, personalised care to almost 500 beds and has a view to expand.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment while being part of a highly developed and integrated clinical team.
- Lead and manage the pharmacy dispensary services through the safe and accurate provision of dispensing services, collection of prescriptions and the delivery of dispensed medication and counselling
- Supervise and support clinical and distribution related pharmacy services, ensuring compliance with SHPA practice standards and relevant legislation
- Facilitate the provision of an efficient drug distribution within the hospital including the provision of after-hours access to medications
- Ensure staff are adequately equipped by identifying gaps in their knowledge or skills and encourage their continuing education
- Administration of the Highly Specialised Drugs program
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy in all aspects of Pharmacy services
- Manage, coach, mentor and support the staff working in the department through performance management, training, supervision as per Epic Pharmacy policies
- Ensure the PBS claim is prepared and submitted accurately
- Provide timely and accurate advice on the clinical use of medicines to patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospital, aged care and oncology facilities.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
- Paid parental leave
- Rewards program and staff benefits
- Annual company events
- Unique professional development opportunities across the business
- Informative induction and training provided
- Current Pharmacist registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated management and efficient performance in a pharmacy
- Demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to promote teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems
- Proven time management skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: firstname.lastname@example.org