Job Code: Job Number: 01JMH
Employer: Canberra Health Services
Salary: $87,257 - $91,942 (up to $96,502 on achieving a personal upgrade)
Closing application date: 29/05/2019
Health Professional Level 3 – Pharmacist in Charge – University of Canberra Hospital (Job Number: 01JMH)
Job Title: Pharmacist in Charge – University of Canberra Hospital
Classification: Health Professional Level 3
Position Number: 19647
Annual Salary: $87,257 – $91,942 (up to $96,502 on achieving a personal upgrade)
Branch: Clinic Support Services
Section: Pharmacy – Canberra Hospital
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: 29 May 2019
Contact Officer: Daniel Lalor (02) 5124 2121 email@example.com
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
• The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
• University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
• Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
• Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
• A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
The Medical Services Division (MSD) provides support services across the clinical divisions within Canberra Hospital and Healthcare Services. MSD encompasses a mix of disciplines, including:
• Biomedical Engineering.
• Acute Support Services
• Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering.
• Nursing Operational Support
Overview of the work area and position
The University of Canberra Hospital (UCH) Pharmacy falls under the umbrella of CHS Pharmacy Department. CHS Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff.
The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The UCH is a purpose built rehabilitation hospital with 140 beds (rehab and mental health rehab), and a number of day programs. The UCH operates with a supported self-managed medication model of care.
• Be registered (or eligible to be registered) as a pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• Masters level postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Pharmacy, Management, Education or Research or working towards with extensive clinical pharmacy experience deemed equivalent
• SHPA membership
• Membership linked to this area of specialty
• Postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Pharmacy, Management, Education or Research or working towards with substantial clinical pharmacy experience deemed equivalent.
• Publication in peer reviewed journals.
Prior to commencement successful candidates may be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
• Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
• Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health professionals.
• Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy.
The position holder will also integrate into the CHS Pharmacy team and will provide a range of pharmacy services on weekends, after hours and public holidays as rostered, including on call. You could be needed to work across multiple CHS sites.
1. Under broad direction of the Deputy Director of Pharmacy – Clinical, and in conjunction with the Lead pharmacist – Rehabilitation, Aged& Community Services (RAC) and Lead Pharmacist of Mental Health, Justice Health, Alcohol & Drug Services (MJHAD), provide a safe and efficient pharmacy services of UCH, but not limited to day to day management of inventory and accountable drug handling.
2. Proactively develop own knowledge and expertise to serve the functions of the role and the environment keeping abreast of emerging trends in pharmacy services.
3. Provide professional supervision, ongoing professional development and personal performance review to HP1, HP2, students, technical and other support staff working at UCH Pharmacy Department.
4. Represent the pharmacy department through professional leadership and advocacy, and liaise with internal and external agencies as required.
5. Provide education, training and mentorship to new staff and all other relevant groups including (but not limited to) pharmacy staff, medical staff, nursing staff, supervision of students.
6. Develop and contribute to practice based research, medication safety initiatives, accreditation activities, publications, policy and procedure review, strategic planning and service review, and quality improvement projects relevant to specialty area.
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high quality person and family centred, safe and high quality patient care.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
(Please note that it is not necessary to address the capabilities and behaviours individually).
1. Proven experience in, including experience managing teams, clinical governance and strategic policy and planning in pharmacy environment.
2. High level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with patients and with colleagues in the multidisciplinary setting, while building and maintaining effective working relationships.
3. Demonstrated expertise in education, mentoring and training, clinical supervision and the ability to impart knowledge and skills to early career pharmacists and technicians in the area of across a range of pharmacy support, operational and clinical pharmacy services.
4. Contribution(s) to the development, evaluation and maintenance of pharmacy improvements with measurable patient-centred outcomes including: policy / procedures, medication safety initiatives, research, audits or accreditation activities.
5. Demonstrate a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Services’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply .
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.
Job: Allied Health
Salary Range: 87,257.00 – 96,502.00
Contact Name: Daniel Lalor
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29/May/2019, 11:59:00 PM
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Daniel Lalor 05 5124 2121