Job Code: 01KF3
Employer: Canberra Health Services
Salary: $106,043 - $114,146
Closing application date: 17/07/2019
Health Professional Level 2 – Rotational Pharmacist ( 01KF3)
Job Title: Rotational Pharmacist
Classification: Health Professional Level 2
Position Number: 28615, several
Annual Salary: $77,356- $108,952
Branch: Clinic Support Services
Section: Pharmacy – TCH
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: 17 July 2019
Contact Officer: Hameda Lane (02) 5124 2121 firstname.lastname@example.org
Canberra Health Services is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work. Canberra Health Services is committed to the delivery of person and family centred, safe and high quality care in a sustainable health system. This will be achieved with key strategic priorities for CHHS which includes ensuring the delivery of Canberra Health Services Quality Strategy and government priorities aligning them with Canberra Health Services Territory Wide Services Framework.
Canberra Hospital and Health Services provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services to the ACT and surrounding region.
The key strategic priority for acute services is to deliver timely access to effective and safe hospital care services. The hospital delivers a full range of medical, surgical and obstetric services, including complex procedures in areas such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and neonatal intensive care.
Strong links exist between hospital and community-based services, as many of the operational divisions deliver services across the continuum of care to ensure continuity of care for patients. The community based services of Canberra Health Services include Early Childhood, Youth and Women’s Health; Dental Services, Rehabilitation and Community Care; Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services. In addition, Justice Health Services are provided within the Territory’s detention facilities.
Canberra Health Servicesis a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
The Clinical Support Services (CSS) division provides support services across the clinical divisions within Canberra Hospital and Healthcare Services. CSS encompasses a mix of disciplines, including:
• Biomedical Engineering
• Acute Support Services
• Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering
• Nursing Operational Support
Overview of the work area and position
The Canberra Hospital and Health Services (CHHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The pharmacy team charter is “Our competent and professional team will provide a contemporary and forward thinking pharmacy service that gives the best patient focused care possible and is valued by the Canberra Health Servicescommunity”
Under the broad direction of the Lead Pharmacists and Deputy Director of Pharmacy (Clinical), the Pharmacist will work closely with a team of dedicated and skilled technicians and pharmacists to deliver a safe, efficacious and patient centred service. The responsibility of this position is to provide clinical and operational pharmacy services across CHHS which may include off site facilities.
• Be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• Post-registration experience of working within the hospital pharmacy setting.
• The Society of Hospital Pharmacist of Australia (SHPA) membership.
• Completion of the SHPA Foundation Residency Program
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Current Driver’s license.
• Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
• Comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing for Allied Health professionals.
• Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases. If practicing clinically (providing direct clinical care to patients or supervising staff providing direct clinical care to patients) as an allied health professional in any capacity at any time in Canberra Health Services facilities, the person occupying this position will be required to comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing requirements for allied health professionals. Initial credentialing is completed following a pre-offer for a position, prior to any appointment being made.
The position holder will also integrate into the CHHS Pharmacy team and will provide a range of pharmacy services on a rostered basis during business hours and after hours, including on call.
- Dispense medicines for inpatients, outpatients and for patients being discharged from the hospital services, including off campus facilities, and provide clinical pharmacy services including individual patient medication reviews and interventions.
- Counsel patients about their medications, optimising therapeutic outcomes.
- Provide medicines information to patients and health professionals.
- Provide supervision to interns, pharmacy staff, and students.
- Provide pharmacy services on weekends and after hours as rostered, including across hospital sites.
- Participate in the department quality improvement projects, educational programs and research activities.
- Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high quality person and family centered, safe and high quality patient care.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience. Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them. (Please note that it is not necessary to address the capabilities and behaviours individually).
1. Proven high level of competence, expertise, skills and ability to apply clinical judgment in the provision of hospital pharmacy services, including a high level of understanding of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and the principles of formulary management.
2. Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with colleagues in the multidisciplinary setting and with patients, showing a commitment to building and maintaining effective working relationships, including managerial and/or high level supervisory skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team including the ability to delegate and prioritise work, coordinate workflow, lead activities to improve service provision, and provide supervision for junior staff.
4. Demonstrated expertise in education, mentoring and training, and the ability to impart knowledge and skills to pharmacy staff, students, hospital clinicians, and other stakeholders.
5. Demonstrated commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Service’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply. For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.
Job: Allied Health
Salary Range: $77,356- $108,952
Contact Name: Daniel Lalor
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 17/Jul/2019
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Daniel Lalor 02 5124 2121