Job Code: 27765
Employer: Austin Health
Salary: As per hospital pharmacist award, SX6 - SX81
Closing application date: 20/01/2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic pharmacist to lead, manage and coordinate pharmacy services provided from the Austin Health dispensaries. Successful candidate would have a strong clinical background, extensive hospital pharmacy experience, good PBS knowledge, excellent organisation/management and communication skills, and a commitment to patient centered care service. Previous haematology/ medical oncology experience in inpatient and outpatients settings is highly desirable.
Car parking at reasonable rates
Financial support and encouragement to attend work-related conferences
Close to public transport
Essential Knowledge and skills:
1. Registered as a pharmacist with AHPRA and with no restrictions.
2. Extensive Hospital Pharmacy experience.
3. Well-developed clinical pharmacy knowledge.
4. Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
5. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven track record in policy development.
6. A strong commitment to high quality care.
7. The ability to work as part of a diverse team.
8. Ability to allocate priorities and work in a team environment and to achieve results in the workplace.
9. Experience in training Pharmacy staff including Pharmacy technical staff and Pharmacy students and Interns.
10. Relevant post graduate qualification.
11. Proven ability in a senior management role.
12. Proficient in computer applications.
13. A commitment to Austin Health values: Our actions show we care, we bring our best, together we achieve and we shape the future. www.austin.org.au/about-us
1. Previous haematology/medical oncology experience in inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
Austin Health Pharmacy Department provides comprehensive care to Austin Health patients and supports other members of the healthcare team in all aspects of medicines management.
The Department consists of about 120 full time equivalent staff over 3 campuses within Austin Health. The team consists of pharmacists and technical and support staff.
Our key areas of service include:
- Clinical pharmacy services to most inpatient clinical areas, outpatients, Emergency Department, Operating Suite, and The Surgery Centre
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS)
- Cancer services
- Manufacturing of sterile preparations, intravenous admixtures and non-sterile production (including repackaging).
- Cytotoxic reconstitution and compounding
- Clinical Trials
- Medicines Information
- Quality Use of Medicines and Medication Safety
- Allergy Testing
- Medicines Optimisation Services
- Hospital in the Home
- Drug distribution and formulary management
- Victorian Poisons Information Centre
- Teaching – pharmacy students, pharmacy interns and post-graduate pharmacists.
- On-call service – 24 hours a day/7 days a week
As a department we published 26 publications in 2017 and achieved just under $400K in research grants.
We have representatives on a number of Committees:
Medication Management Committee, Drugs and Therapeutics Committee, Adverse Drug Reactions Committee, Chemotherapy Safety Committee, Cerner Medication Governance Committee, Human Research Ethics Committee and others.
A number of our staff also have positions with Universities.
How to ApplyDownload this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Lynn Maggs 03 9496 3170